Best Rules and Scoring System in MMA?

Home Forums General Discussion Best Rules and Scoring System in MMA?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Rory Kernaghan Rory Kernaghan 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    falcon4917
    Participant

One FC, what do you guys think?

Mike Drahota

I agree it is more exciting.

thexperience1
    Participant

Hard to disagree with that!

SpaceJam
    Participant

I think the knees on the ground and kicks to downed opponents is a game changer, it was in Pride and it completely changes the ground game, most UFC fighters today that are “Lay and Pray” fighters would finish all of their fights from side control or north south with knees. Its fucking DEADLY!! I’m not really aware of One FC’s judging system, what is different about it to the UFC???

falcon4917
    Participant

Well fighters don’t get many marks just for getting a takedown with no other accomplishment, damage is far more powerful in decisions and they consider internal damage as well like when a fighter is knocked down but without a scratch. top position is not the only place to win on points as they give more credit to a guy who can defend himself from his back than a guy that can just keep him there.

falcon4917
    Participant

I feel so many strikers would be doing far better with the rules allowing them to use their strikes against a grounded opponent, that rule mostly protects grapplers and guys that play the touch the mat game during a knee strike like Ross Pearson who was getting mopped by Melvin.

Rory Kernaghan

I think the Japanese rules are designed to stop stalling fighters from making boring fights, but realistically the UFC could never implement those rules.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.