- Chris Weidman: “It Just Sucks” That Anderson Silva Took Steroids
- Invicta FC 11: “Cyborg” Pockets 15 x Tweet’s Salary
- Ronda Rousey Wants To Fight Bethe Correia in Brazil
- Ohio Prosecutor Drops Alleged Assault Case Against Matt Brown
- UFC May Be Targeting Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir 3 For Madison Square Garden
- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- UFC 187 Keeps Growing: Uriah Hall Faces Rafael Natal
- Ronda Rousey Won’t Say She’s Incapable Of Beating Anyone
- Vitor Belfort: I Was Tested Seven Times For My Fight With Weidman – Was He?
- Conor McGregor: Zingano Looked Rushed
WEC 53 Wrap-up and Bonuses
WEC 53 in Glendale, Arizona delivered all that was to be expected from the promotion’s final card. A new and last Lightweight Champion was crowned in Anthony “Showtime” Pettis, who will go on to face the winner of the Edgar-Maynard match-up in a UFC title unification bout in 2011. In the co-main event attraction of the night, Bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz successfully defended his title as he put on another five-round clinic to defeat Scott Jorgensen via Unanimous Decision and capture the first ever UFC 135-pound strap.
WEC awarded its customary $10,000 bonuses to the night’s top performers, who were announced by general manager Reed Harris at the post-fight press conference.
WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis Bonuses
Full Results (via FightoftheNight.com):
Danny Downes defeats Zhang Tie Quan by unanimous decision (29-28 x2, 30-27)
Brad Pickett defeats Ivan Menjivar by unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
Eddie Wineland defeats Ken Stone by KO (slam) at 2.11mins of Rd1
Yuri Alcantara defeats Ricardo Lamas by KO at 3.26mins of Rd1
Renan Barão defeats Chris Cariaso by submission (rear naked choke) at 3.47mins of Rd1
Photos: Yahoo! Cagewriter