- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- Andrei Arlovski Would Love A Rematch With Fedor Emeliananko
- Anthony Pettis Believes He Can Take Over As UFC’s Top Star
- Hostilities Rise Between Cyborg and Ronda Rousey Camp
- Anderson Silva Surprised By Drug Test Drama, Talks Rematch With Nick Diaz
- Fedor Emelianenko Reveals That Russian Fighters Won’t Take His Advice
- Kelvin Gastelum, Efrain Escudero Named TUF: Latin America 2 Coaches
- UFC 193 Official In Melbourne
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Urijah Faber, Erik Koch, Cub Swanson and Mackens Semerzier get $10,000 WEC 52 Bonuses
WEC CEO Reed Harris announced at the WEC 52 post-fight press conference that Urijah Faber, Erik Koch, Cub Swanson and Mackens Semerzier will get a 10,000-dollar bonuses for their performances at last night’s event.
Urijah Faber was awarded a Submission of the Night bonus for choking out Takeya Mizugaki late in the first round, as Erik Koch got a Knockout of the Night award for viciously finishing Francisco Rivera via a head kick followed by a series of punches. Cub Swanson and Mackens Semerzier got the prestigious Fight of the Night award for their entertaining bout, which was featured on main card of the event.
WEC will return next month with its last event before a merger with the UFC, featring a Lightweight collision between Ben Henderson and Anthony Pettis. The winner of this fight will earn a title shot against the winner of UFC Lightweight title fight between Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard. WEC 53 is expected to take place on December 16, at Jobing.com Arena in the Phoenix suburb of Glendale, Arizona.