- Invicta FC 11 Weigh-In Results: Cyborg vs. Tweet Official In Los Angeles
- Josh Thomson Forced Out Of UFC Fight Night 62
- Quote: I Would Crush Brock Lesnar, He Won’t Have Time To Scream
- Kimbo Slice Returns Against Ken Shamrock On June 20
- Ronda Rousey Tells Cyborg To ‘Stop Taking F–king Steroids,’ Isn’t Impressed With Arianny Celeste’s Job
- UFC 184 Open Workouts: Ronda Rousey Shows Off Slams
- UFC 184 Embedded Episode 3
Scott Jorgensen on Cruz: His strikes score points, but they don’t sit people down
Just days ahead of their match-up, Jorgensen vocalized his thoughts on the champion’s in-cage methods, calling his style both defensive and ineffective.
“He’ll land one (shot) and then move and then land a couple and move and then throw a kick. I think it’s a very defensive style and to me it’s not very effective,” Jorgensen explained. “He’s a champ. He finds a way to win. (The strikes) are scoring points, but they don’t hurt. They don’t sit people down.”
Cruz, who has recorded only one victory by stoppage in his six WEC wins, responded by pointing out the success he has had with his unorthodox style, maintaining that it is always his intention to finish opponents.
“I won a lot of fights this way, so I know what I’m doing. I know what I do right, I know what I do well and I know I’m very good at it. That gives me my confidence to continue to fight the way that I fight,” Cruz contended. “I’m in there trying to finish every single fight, I’m in there trying to kill the guy from beginning to end. I think everybody that I’ve gone in there with I’ve rocked or hurt at some point in the fight, without a doubt.”
Cruz vs. Jorgensen will serve as the co-headliner for the WEC 53 event, the promotion’s last before being absorbed by its sister promotion, the UFC. The stacked-card will be aired live on Versus and also features a lightweight clash between division Champion Ben Henderson and Roufusport product Anthony Pettis in a bout that will decide the next contender for the UFC’s own 155 lbs. strap.
Source: Las Vegas Review Journal