- Invicta FC 11: “Cyborg” Pockets Tweet’s Salary x 15
- Ohio Prosecutor Drops Alleged Assault Case Against Matt Brown
- UFC May Be Targeting Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir 3 For Madison Square Garden
- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- UFC 187 Keeps Growing: Uriah Hall Faces Rafael Natal
- Ronda Rousey Won’t Say She’s Incapable Of Beating Anyone
- Vitor Belfort: I Was Tested Seven Times For My Fight With Weidman – Was He?
- Conor McGregor: Zingano Looked Rushed
- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Jens Pulver has a secret weapon for Vazquez at WEC 47
Jens Pulver was the first ever UFC lightweight champion and is the current WEC featherweight champ.His record stands at 22-12-1.He claims he has never felt better but with only one win in his last seven fights that seems hard to believe,although Pulver has always been full of surprises. Since coming out of retirement Jens has moved to Idaho and started training and focusing on a good diet for the first time in his illustrious career. Primarily he says he is going to bring something else into his fight against vazquez(13-4) that he hasn’t used in years,a gameplan.
‘I’m now working again,’ Pulver recently said’I have a gameplan again,I now have strategies,I have things that I’m actually looking to use when I get out there.’
Pulver has always had heavy hands and devastating KO power with 13 of his fights ending by KO and 3 of his 4 pro boxing opponents meeting the same demise.But his recent fights have seen him being too risky and it hasn’t been successful,amd Jens hopes to return to form that saw him beat the likes of BJ Penn,Dennis Hallman and Caol Uno among others.
‘When I was the champ I’d take all 25 minutes……,but I wasn’t going to take a risk,I wanted to be perfect every time I fought.’
Pulver says his revitalized attitude comes from splitting from his old trainers and militich fighting systems and starting his own gym,Driven training centre.He faces a tough veteran in Vazquez and will need to summon a great performance,hopefully we will see the explosive ‘Little Evil’ of times past