- UFC 183 Post-Fight Bonuses: Thiago Alves Pockets 50 K
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Benson Henderson To Make Welterweight Debut, Faces Brandon Thatch At UFC Fight Night 60
- UFC 183: Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann Highlights And Post-Fight Interview
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 183 Main Card Live Results: Anderson Silva Outclasses Nick Diaz
- UFC 183 Prelims Live Results: Gritty Tate Tops McMann
- Dana White Says John Lineker & Kelvin Gastelum Will Move Up In Weight
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 4
- Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson Out Of UFC Fight Night 60 Headliner Against Brandon Thatch
WSOF 9 Salaries Revealed: Rousimar Palhares & Marlon Moraes Top Payroll
Newly crowned champions Rousimar Palhares and Marlon Moraes picked up the biggest payouts at this weekends WSOF 9 event.
“Toquinho” picked up his first win in the promotion with a 69-second submission over Steve Carl to become the divisions new champion. In total, the Brazilian picked up $50,000 for just over one minutes work.
Palhares’ fellow countryman, Moraes, also netted $50,000 for his nights work in the co-main event, beating Josh Rettinghouse to win the promotions bantamweight title.
The full list of the disclosed payouts were released by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, who oversaw the event, earlier today. WSOF 9 took place at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. The total payout for the card is as followed:
Champ Rousimar Palhares: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus)
def. Steve Carl: $20,000
Champ Marlon Moraes: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus)
def. Josh Rettinghouse: $4,000
Josh Burkman: $25,000 (no win bonus)
def. Tyler Stinson: $7,000
Yushin Okami: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
def. Svetlozar Savov: $4,000
Johnny Nunez: $4,000 (includes $2,000 win bonus)
def. Ozzy Dugulubgov: $6,000
Mike Corey: $8,000 (includes $4,000 win bonus)
def. Shane Kruchten: $3,000
Bryson Hansen: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus)
def. Sean Cantor: $500
Chris Gruetzemacher: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus)
def. John Gunderson: $2,000
Brenson Hansen: $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus)
def. Boostayre Nefarios: $1,000
Danny Davis: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus)
def. Phil Dace: $1,000
Gil Guardado: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus)
def. Jimmy Spicuzza: $1,000
The figures do not reflect deductions for insurance, licenses and taxes etc. The salaries do not include any “locker room” bonuses or discretionary bonuses which some organizations hand out. Also the figures do not include money which is paid to a fighter from his sponsors, which can often be the majority of the fighters income.
The total amount payed out to the athletes who competed at the event was $251,500.
What do you make of the payouts?