- Jacare Still Believes The Next Title Shot Will Be His
- UFC on FOX 15 Official Weigh-In Video & Results: Main Event Official
- Rafael dos Anjos Aims For November Return Following Surgery
- UFC on FOX 15 Q&A With Frankie Edgar Live Now
- Jon Jones: ‘Mr. JV’ Phil Davis Can’t ‘Crumble Me Like A Cookie’ In Bellator
- UFC on FOX 15 LowKick Predictions
- Phil Davis Reveals UFC Refused To Match Bellator’s Offer
- No Bad Blood? Felice Herrig & Paige VanZant Separated During Staredown
- Bobby Green To Anthony Pettis: ‘You Did Nothing Wrong, You Got Played Bro’
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
WSOF 5 Results Recap: Andrei Arlovski Edges Mike Kyle in New Jersey
World Series of Fighting 5 is in the books from Revel Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey. When former UFC Heavyweight champ Andrei Arlovski fought Mike Kyle in the main event, it was a battle of power striking as advertised. Kyle floored Arlovski with a counter shot, but “The Pitbull” got back up to land some hard punches of his own. The boxing match continued in the second. Several shots found a home from both, and Kyle missed on a takedown attempt to earn a restart. The last round saw Kyle drop Arlovski once again, but the Belarusian returned fire. It was an entertaining war, and Arlovski took home the closely contested decision.
The last Middleweight eliminator featured David Branch vs. Danillo Villefort. Branch controlled much of the slow first round in the clinch, and sealed the deal with a late takedown. Branch scored a big double leg to grind out the second round as well, and did the same in the third to lock up a smothering unanimous decision victory.
BJJ black belt Rolles Gracie faced Derrick Mehmen at Heavyweight. Gracie stayed out of Mehmen’s range early on, landing jabs, hooks, and low kicks. Mehmen missed out on a ton of power shots, but he only needed one. He floored Gracie with a vicious one-punch knockout that will be sure to grace highlight reels in the second.
In what was supposed to be the first of two Middleweight title fight eliminators between Elvis Mutapcic and Jesse Taylor, the fight was scrapped before the outset due to Mutapcic’s camp allegedly giving him unauthorized prescription medications.
To kick off the main card, Waylon Lowe met Georgi Karakhanyan at Featherweight. The fight ended quickly with Karakhanyan jumping into a tight guillotine to earn the first round submission.
WSOF 5 Main Card Results:
Andrei Arlovski def. Mike Kyle via unanimous decision
David Branch def. Danillo Villefort via unanimous decision
Derrick Mehmen def. Rolles Gracie via R2 KO (punch)
Elvis Mutapcic vs. Jesse Taylor canceled due to unapproved prescriptions in Mutapcic’ corner
Georgi Karakhanyan def. Waylon Lowe via R1 submission (guillotine)