- Would A New UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Be Taken Seriously?
- Michelle Waterson Officially Signs With The UFC
- New Mexico Hit-And-Run Victim Speaks, Pic Of Smashed Car Released
- Anthony Johnson: ‘I’ll Wait A Year Like Vitor If I Have To’
- Jon Jones Turns Himself Into Police Custody, Makes $2,500 Bail
- Albuquerque Police Issue Felony Warrant For Jon Jones
- Poll: How Should The UFC Punish Jon Jones?
- Read The Official Police Report From Jon Jones’ Hit-And-Run
- Tim Kennedy: ‘Karate Is Dead, Rockhold Destroyed Machida Effortlessly’
- Jon Jones Update: Police Found Marijuana, Pipe After ‘Bones’ Fled Scene
WSOF 3 Results and Video: Josh Burkman spoils Jon Fitch’s debut
World Series of Fighting 3 is in the books from The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. The card delivered some good fights and an insane highlight reel finish when former UFC title contender Jon Fitch and Josh Burkman squared off in the main event. Burkman rocked Fitch early with some hooks, and then switched into a vicious guillotine. He wrenched the choke, and simply walked away after Fitch went limp. A remarkable showing for the fast improving Burkman.
In other action, Tyson Steele and Steve Carle faced off at welterweight. The fight opened with a good variety of kicks from Steele to keep his opponent at bay. But once it hit the ground, it was all Carl, as he locked on a super-tight rear naked choke to end the fight in the first.
Jacob Volkmann and Lyle Beerbohm fought a grappling match at lightweight. Beerbohm looked for takedowns throughout, but Volkmann’s defense was just too good. He took home the unanimous decision after spending the entirety of the last round in dominant position looking for a choke.
Undefeated prospect Justin Gaethje looked to continue his streak against a game opponent in Brian Cobb. After Gaethje came out looking for a homerun shot, Cobb dominated the first round on the ground, locking up a tight body triangle. However, Gaethje found his rhythm in the second, landing some good right hands and low kicks. He turned up the heat in the third to absolutely destroy Cobb with a series of devastating low kicks for the TKO. An impressive comeback in the main card’s opening bout.
World Series of Fighting 3 Results:
Josh Burkman def. Jon Fitch via R1 submission (guillotine)
Steve Carl def. Tyson Steele via R1 submission (rear naked choke)
Jacob Volkmann def. Lyle Beerbohm via unanimous decision
Justin Gaethje def. Brian Cobb via R3 TKO (leg kicks)