- Invicta FC 12: Kankaanpaa vs. Souza Results
- Noncommittal About Return, Georges St. Pierre ‘Taking It Slow’ In Training
- UFC 186 Weigh-In Results: Title Fight Official In Canada
- UFC 186 LowKick Predictions
- ONE Championship 26 Results: Askren vs. Santos Ends In No Contest Following Eyepoke
- UFC 186: Georges St-Pierre And Rory MacDonald Q&A
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 2
- ‘Grown Up’ Rampage Thinks If Anyone Can Knock Out Maldonado, It’s Him
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
WSOF 11 Weigh-Ins: Fitch & Hallmann Massively Overweight, Guillard Three Pounds Over, Bollinger Doesn’t Weigh In
In a bit of extremely unfortunate (or questionable) scheduling, World Series of Fighting (WSOF) 11 is set to go down tomorrow (Sat., July 5, 2014) from the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach, Florida, the same day as the blockbuster UFC 175 pay-per-view (PPV) from Las Vegas.
After a multitude of booking twists and turns, the card has finally settled on a lightweight championship bout between Justin Gaethje and undefeated No. 1 contender Nick Newell.
Longtime UFC contender Jon Fitch will also take on fellow Octagon veteran Dennis Hallmann in the co-main event. The two combatants came in well over the welterweight weight limit of 171 pounds, coming in at 183 and 181.2, respectively.
Another UFC castoff in Melvin Guillard will face off with Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante.”The Young Assassin” came in heavy at 159.4 and will have two hours to cut down to 156.
Famous for missing weight on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 18, bantamweight Cody Bollinger will attempt to rise up in a new promotion against Pablo Alfonso. He’s not exactly off to a great start, as he failed to show up for weigh-ins today.
WSOF 11 will air tomorrow at 4 p.m. ET on NBC. The official weigh-ins will go down shortly at 11:30 a.m. ET. Check out the live stream above and the official results below:
Main Card (NBC, 4 p.m. ET):
155 lbs.: Justin Gaethje (154.8) vs. Nick Newell (155)
170 lbs.: Jon Fitch (183) vs. Dennis Hallman (181.2)
155 lbs.: Melvin Guillard (159.4**) vs. Gesias Cavalcante (155.6)
135 lbs.: Pablo Alfonso (136) vs. Cody Bollinger (*)
Preliminary Card (Online, 2 p.m. ET):
175 lbs.: Jose Caceres (173.6) vs. Roner Taytay (174.8)
205 lbs.: Muhammed Dereese (206.2) vs. Rashaun Spencer (200.8)
175 lbs.: Neiman Gracie (176) vs. Dustin Holyko (175.8)
205 lbs.: Jake Heun (205) vs. Kendrick Miree (204.8)
**Guillard has two additional hours to make weight
*Bollinger did not weigh in