- UFC 183: Iaquinta vs. Lauzon, Woodley vs. Gastelum Highlights
- Nick Diaz: I Was Injured Before UFC 183, Couldn’t Throw Punches
- Anderson Silva Will ‘Talk Serious’ With His Family About Fighting Future
- Quote: Vitor Belfort Turned Down Interim Title Bout With Lyoto Machida
- UFC 183: Thiago Alves vs. Jordan Mein Highlights
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Highlights
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Bonuses: Thiago Alves Pockets $50,000
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Benson Henderson To Make Welterweight Debut, Faces Brandon Thatch At UFC Fight Night 60
- UFC 183: Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann Highlights And Post-Fight Interview
WSOF 11 Weigh-Ins: Fitch & Hallmann Massively Overweight, Guillard Three Pounds Over, Bollinger Doesn’t Weigh In
In a bit of extremely unfortunate (or questionable) scheduling, World Series of Fighting (WSOF) 11 is set to go down tomorrow (Sat., July 5, 2014) from the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach, Florida, the same day as the blockbuster UFC 175 pay-per-view (PPV) from Las Vegas.
After a multitude of booking twists and turns, the card has finally settled on a lightweight championship bout between Justin Gaethje and undefeated No. 1 contender Nick Newell.
Longtime UFC contender Jon Fitch will also take on fellow Octagon veteran Dennis Hallmann in the co-main event. The two combatants came in well over the welterweight weight limit of 171 pounds, coming in at 183 and 181.2, respectively.
Another UFC castoff in Melvin Guillard will face off with Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante.”The Young Assassin” came in heavy at 159.4 and will have two hours to cut down to 156.
Famous for missing weight on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 18, bantamweight Cody Bollinger will attempt to rise up in a new promotion against Pablo Alfonso. He’s not exactly off to a great start, as he failed to show up for weigh-ins today.
WSOF 11 will air tomorrow at 4 p.m. ET on NBC. The official weigh-ins will go down shortly at 11:30 a.m. ET. Check out the live stream above and the official results below:
Main Card (NBC, 4 p.m. ET):
155 lbs.: Justin Gaethje (154.8) vs. Nick Newell (155)
170 lbs.: Jon Fitch (183) vs. Dennis Hallman (181.2)
155 lbs.: Melvin Guillard (159.4**) vs. Gesias Cavalcante (155.6)
135 lbs.: Pablo Alfonso (136) vs. Cody Bollinger (*)
Preliminary Card (Online, 2 p.m. ET):
175 lbs.: Jose Caceres (173.6) vs. Roner Taytay (174.8)
205 lbs.: Muhammed Dereese (206.2) vs. Rashaun Spencer (200.8)
175 lbs.: Neiman Gracie (176) vs. Dustin Holyko (175.8)
205 lbs.: Jake Heun (205) vs. Kendrick Miree (204.8)
**Guillard has two additional hours to make weight
*Bollinger did not weigh in