- Jacare Still Believes The Next Title Shot Will Be His
- UFC on FOX 15 Official Weigh-In Video & Results: Main Event Official
- Rafael dos Anjos Aims For November Return Following Surgery
- UFC on FOX 15 Q&A With Frankie Edgar Live Now
- Jon Jones: ‘Mr. JV’ Phil Davis Can’t ‘Crumble Me Like A Cookie’ In Bellator
- UFC on FOX 15 LowKick Predictions
- Phil Davis Reveals UFC Refused To Match Bellator’s Offer
- No Bad Blood? Felice Herrig & Paige VanZant Separated During Staredown
- Bobby Green To Anthony Pettis: ‘You Did Nothing Wrong, You Got Played Bro’
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
World Series of Fighting 2 Results Recap: ‘Rumble’ takes down Arlovski in a war
After much speculation that World Series of Fighting 2 would be canceled due to non-approval of the cage, the event did go down with some great fights and finishes. The upstart promotion continues the trend that Bellator FC has represented in recent weeks.
The main card action began with young Justin Geathje stopping J.Z. Cavalcante with a huge cut after some well-placed shots in the first.
Josh Burkman came out against former UFC veteran Aaron Simpson with a fury, landing a flurry of punches before putting Simpson away with an absolutely brutal knee. Afterwards, Burkman was met in the ring by new signee Jon Fitch, with a bout possibly looming between the two.
David Branch used the takedown game to control Paulo Filho on the ground for the most part, scoring ground-and-pound throughout. He scored the grinding decision win.
Marlon Moraes used his Muay Thai skills to knock Tyson Nam out with a grazing headkick and a subsequent barrage of ground blows. It was another impressive finish added to the night’s striking display.
In the main event, Andrei Arlovski and Anthony Johnson came out in the first round with what most expected, a stand up war. The action was back-and-forth, and later on Johnson landed some great punches on Arlovski, following with some ground strikes. The bell rang just in time for Arlovski.
The second round was a slugfest until an Arlovski low blow halted the action. The third saw Johnson’s striking continue to work, but he surprisingly kept looking for the takedown up against the cage. He seemed to gas and stall later on, but ultimately took home the unanimous decision in a great win.
WSOF 2 Main Card Results:
Marlon Moraes? def. Tyson Nam via R1 KO (Headkick)
David Branch def. Paulo Filho via Unanimous Decision
Justin Gaethje def. J.Z. Cavalcante via R1 TKO (Doctor stoppage)