- Alexander Gustafsson Feels The Excitement From Swedish Fans Heading Into UFC on FOX 14
- UFC on FOX 14 Prelims Results
- Former Federal Agent Discusses Jon Jones Cocaine Interview
- Anthony Johnson: I’ve Always Had The Footwork
- Alexander Gustafsson Predicts A Submission Win Over ‘Rumble’
- Nick Diaz: The UFC Uses Me To Fight Most Important Guys
- UFC on FOX 14 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
- Poll: Who Do You Want To See Jon Jones Fight Next?
- UFC Debuts In Poland With Cro Cop vs Gonzaga 2
- UFC on FOX 14 Weigh-In Results: Gustafsson vs. Johnson Official
POLL: Who Wins UFC 173 Title Fight, Lyoto Machida Or Chris Weidman
With the recent media storm surrounding the controversial topic of TRT, and it’s banishment from MMA, it seems that Lyoto Machida and Chris Weidman’s newly scheduled title fight has been a little overlooked. The pairing is a direct result of the UFC/NSAC ruling on testosterone replacement therapy, but a very exciting one nonetheless.
Vitor Belfort was originally scheduled to face Weidman at 173, but a 90-day TRT purge period would make it impossible for ‘The Phenom’ to make that bout in fighting shape. In stepped ‘The Dragon’, who faces the champion of the division in only his third fight there.
After knocking out Mark Munoz, Machida went on to decision the crap out of ‘Dreamcatcher’ Gegard Mousasi. His impressive form and high ranking has meant that ‘The Dragon’ was a no-brainer for Belfort’s replacement against Weidman.
Although not a heavy-handed, Machida poses a whole new kind of threat; counter striking. I am of the firm opinion that Machida will not only be harder to hit, but a lot harder to take down than Belfort. ‘The All-American’ will have his hands full, but who do you think will take the win at UFC 173?