- CM Punk Targeting Late 2015 UFC Debut
- Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira Reportedly Agreed Upon For UFC Fight Night 60 In Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs CB Dollaway Breakdown
- Michael Bisping Disagrees With “Butthurt” Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- Jon Jones ‘Offended’ The UFC Showed Death Threat Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Looking To Rid MMA Of Jon Jones
- Rory MacDonald Informed He Won’t Fight For Title, Will Just ‘Light Up’ Whoever’s Next
POLL: Who Wins UFC 173 Title Fight, Lyoto Machida Or Chris Weidman
With the recent media storm surrounding the controversial topic of TRT, and it’s banishment from MMA, it seems that Lyoto Machida and Chris Weidman’s newly scheduled title fight has been a little overlooked. The pairing is a direct result of the UFC/NSAC ruling on testosterone replacement therapy, but a very exciting one nonetheless.
Vitor Belfort was originally scheduled to face Weidman at 173, but a 90-day TRT purge period would make it impossible for ‘The Phenom’ to make that bout in fighting shape. In stepped ‘The Dragon’, who faces the champion of the division in only his third fight there.
After knocking out Mark Munoz, Machida went on to decision the crap out of ‘Dreamcatcher’ Gegard Mousasi. His impressive form and high ranking has meant that ‘The Dragon’ was a no-brainer for Belfort’s replacement against Weidman.
Although not a heavy-handed, Machida poses a whole new kind of threat; counter striking. I am of the firm opinion that Machida will not only be harder to hit, but a lot harder to take down than Belfort. ‘The All-American’ will have his hands full, but who do you think will take the win at UFC 173?