- Cat Zingano Planned For A Dog Fight, Not A 14-Second Defeat
- Brock Lesnar Was In Attendance At UFC 184
- UFC 184 Highlights: Jake Ellenberger vs. Josh Koscheck
- UFC 184 Highlights: Alan Jouban vs. Richard Walsh
- Who’s Next For Ronda Rousey?
- Poll: Will Ronda Rousey Retire Undefeated?
- Anderson Silva To Admit PED Use
- UFC 184 Highlights: Watch Ronda Rousey Destroy Cat Zingano With Record-Setting Finish
- UFC 184 Post-Fight Bonuses: Ronda Rousey Headlines Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 184 Main Card Live Results: Ronda Rousey Scores Fastest UFC Title Fight Finish In History
POLL: Who Wins UFC 173 Title Fight, Lyoto Machida Or Chris Weidman
With the recent media storm surrounding the controversial topic of TRT, and it’s banishment from MMA, it seems that Lyoto Machida and Chris Weidman’s newly scheduled title fight has been a little overlooked. The pairing is a direct result of the UFC/NSAC ruling on testosterone replacement therapy, but a very exciting one nonetheless.
Vitor Belfort was originally scheduled to face Weidman at 173, but a 90-day TRT purge period would make it impossible for ‘The Phenom’ to make that bout in fighting shape. In stepped ‘The Dragon’, who faces the champion of the division in only his third fight there.
After knocking out Mark Munoz, Machida went on to decision the crap out of ‘Dreamcatcher’ Gegard Mousasi. His impressive form and high ranking has meant that ‘The Dragon’ was a no-brainer for Belfort’s replacement against Weidman.
Although not a heavy-handed, Machida poses a whole new kind of threat; counter striking. I am of the firm opinion that Machida will not only be harder to hit, but a lot harder to take down than Belfort. ‘The All-American’ will have his hands full, but who do you think will take the win at UFC 173?