- Joe Lauzon vs. Takanori Gomi Joins Growing UFC on FOX 16 Lineup
- Demetrious Johnson Ranks His Dominance Above Ronda Rousey’s
- UFC Closes Half The Bell Centre, Reduces Ticket Prices For UFC 186
- Deciding Against Knee Surgery, Yoel Romero Still Aims For Jacare
- Fabio Maldonado Wants ‘Lots Of Blood’ In Fight With Rampage
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 1
- Paige VanZant’s Team In No Rush For A Title Shot
- Tim Kennedy Eying Lyoto Machida For ‘Loser Leaves UFC’ Match
- Anderson Silva Confirms Taekwondo Bid For 2016 Summer Olympics
- Max Holloway: McGregor ‘Pushing The Limit’ With Recent Tweets
POLL: Who Wins UFC 173 Title Fight, Lyoto Machida Or Chris Weidman
With the recent media storm surrounding the controversial topic of TRT, and it’s banishment from MMA, it seems that Lyoto Machida and Chris Weidman’s newly scheduled title fight has been a little overlooked. The pairing is a direct result of the UFC/NSAC ruling on testosterone replacement therapy, but a very exciting one nonetheless.
Vitor Belfort was originally scheduled to face Weidman at 173, but a 90-day TRT purge period would make it impossible for ‘The Phenom’ to make that bout in fighting shape. In stepped ‘The Dragon’, who faces the champion of the division in only his third fight there.
After knocking out Mark Munoz, Machida went on to decision the crap out of ‘Dreamcatcher’ Gegard Mousasi. His impressive form and high ranking has meant that ‘The Dragon’ was a no-brainer for Belfort’s replacement against Weidman.
Although not a heavy-handed, Machida poses a whole new kind of threat; counter striking. I am of the firm opinion that Machida will not only be harder to hit, but a lot harder to take down than Belfort. ‘The All-American’ will have his hands full, but who do you think will take the win at UFC 173?