- Ian McCall vs John Lineker Official For UFC 183
- UFC Rankings Report: Edgar, Barboza Trending Upward
- Ben Rothwell Tells ‘Brain Damaged’ Alistair Overeem To Stay Out Of The Media
- Alexander Gustafsson & Anthony Johnson Work Out In Sweden
- Quote: Frankie Edgar Outstruck Jose Aldo For Three Rounds
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Urijah Faber: TJ Dillashaw & Chad Mendes Could Both Beat Jose Aldo
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
POLL: Who Wins At UFC 175, Chris Weidman Or Lyoto Machida?
Chris Weidman and Lyoto Machida are set to collide at UFC 175, as ‘The All-American’ will look to make the second defense of the middleweight title he won from Anderson Silva at UFC 162. ‘The Dragon’ is looking like a new beast at 185 pounds, having demolished Mark Munoz in one, and beating Gegard Mousasi by decision.
Stylistically, Machida/Weidman is very interesting; Weidman’s wrestling prowess is enough to give anyone a headache, but Machida has outstanding TDD and is extremely elusive. ‘The Dragon’s’ karate background makes him very unpredictable, and his ‘broken rhythm’ is second to none. Machida brings a precise, powerful counter-striking base, and I think he can give the champ trouble.
‘The All-American’ has good striking, but I believe that Machida bests him in this department. In contrast, Weidman’s offensive wrestling exceeds that of Machida, but the former light-heavyweight champion has the added luxury of being very quick and hard to take down. This could be a telling factor at UFC 175.
So how do you think it will go down on fight night? Take a vote and have your say.