- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- UFC 187 Keeps Growing: Uriah Hall Faces Rafael Natal
- Ronda Rousey Won’t Say She’s Incapable Of Beating Anyone
- Vitor Belfort: I Was Tested Seven Times For My Fight With Weidman – Was He?
- Conor McGregor: Zingano Looked Rushed
- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
POLL: Who Wins At UFC 175, Chris Weidman Or Lyoto Machida?
Chris Weidman and Lyoto Machida are set to collide at UFC 175, as ‘The All-American’ will look to make the second defense of the middleweight title he won from Anderson Silva at UFC 162. ‘The Dragon’ is looking like a new beast at 185 pounds, having demolished Mark Munoz in one, and beating Gegard Mousasi by decision.
Stylistically, Machida/Weidman is very interesting; Weidman’s wrestling prowess is enough to give anyone a headache, but Machida has outstanding TDD and is extremely elusive. ‘The Dragon’s’ karate background makes him very unpredictable, and his ‘broken rhythm’ is second to none. Machida brings a precise, powerful counter-striking base, and I think he can give the champ trouble.
‘The All-American’ has good striking, but I believe that Machida bests him in this department. In contrast, Weidman’s offensive wrestling exceeds that of Machida, but the former light-heavyweight champion has the added luxury of being very quick and hard to take down. This could be a telling factor at UFC 175.
So how do you think it will go down on fight night? Take a vote and have your say.