- UFC 184 Prelims Results
- Rousey’s Coach: Zingano Is A Desperate Fighter
- Cyborg Headlines July 10 Invicta FC Event From Las Vegas
- UFC: Welcome To The Show Press Conference
- Ronda Rousey Claims To Be The GOAT, Pennington Slams Holm
- UFC 184 Embedded Episode 5
- Invicta FC 11 Results: Cyborg Destroys Tweet In The First
- Dan Henderson vs. Tim Boetsch, Matt Mitrione vs. Ben Rothwell Added To UFC Fight Night 68
- Pay-Per-View Money Will Reportedly Push Ronda Rousey’s UFC 184 Payday Past $1 Million
- UFC 184 Weigh-Ins Results: Rousey & Zingano On Point
POLL: Who Will Win UFC 183's Main Event, And How?
The MMA world received some blockbuster news last night (July 29, 2014) when it was announced that longtime former middleweight champion Anderson Silva would be returning to the Octagon to face fellow absentee Nick Diaz in the main event of UFC 183 on January 15, 2014.
Silva has been out of action since breaking his leg against Chris Weidman in the main event of UFC 168 last December. Sine then, “The Spider” has posted a veritable series of steps to recovery, anywhere from him walking down stairs to kicking a heavy bag and sparring.
But Diaz has been out of action even longer, his last appearance a lopsided UFC 158 loss to former welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre in an overhyped bout that didn’t deliver. When he steps into the cage to face Silva next year, it will be almost two years removed from his last fight, and nearly three-and-a-half since his last win.
Most people are understandably giving Silva the huge early advantage in this bout, but the reality is, we have no idea of where either talented fighter is at right now. Their fight, while obviously a massive draw on paper, is going to be an interesting one with this dynamic is thrown into the mix.
Are you giving the polarizing Diaz much of a chance? Who are you picking to win the pivotal bout, and how will they score the huge victory?