- Jose Aldo Says Chad Mendes Hasn’t Changed Since UFC 142
- Why Georges St-Pierre Shouldn’t Rush To Return
- ‘Bones’ Knows? Nude Video Of Jon Jones On Snapchat Leaked Online
- Re-Debut: Henry Cejudo vs Dustin Kimura Added To UFC on FOX 13
- Will 2015 Spell The End Of Jon Jones’ Reign?
- Michael Bisping vs Luke Rockhold Counterpunch Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Always Thinking About Jon Jones
- Alexander Gustafsson vs Rashad Evans Rumored For January UFC In Sweden
- UFC 179: Glover Teixeira vs Phil Davis Fight Breakdown
- Poll: Predicting The Outcome Of UFC 179′s Main Event
POLL: Who Will Win The Next UFC Welterweight Title Fight?
When UFC on FOX 12 was said and done from the SAP Center in San Jose, California, last night, No. 1-ranked welterweight Robbie Lawler had earned a hard-fought unanimous decision over Matt Brown in a “Fight of the Night”-winning main event war.
With the pivotal victory, “Ruthless” moves on to an awaited rematch with injured 170-pound champion Johny “Bigg Rigg” Hendricks sometime later this year of early in 2015. The two threw down in a five round war at March 15’s UFC 171, with Hendricks earning the nods largely on the heels of a late fifth round takedown.
Lawler vs. Brown was an entertaining fight for sure, but critics if “Ruthless” may suggest that he fought very similarly to his first meeting with Hendricks, a gameplan that has already proven ineffective to getting the belt.
Still, “Ruthless” is on fire at welterweight looking the best he ever has after making his UFC debut way back in 2001. With Hendricks returning from surgery on a torn biceps, who do you think will prevail at their title fight rematch?
Photo: Kyle Terada for USA TODAY Sports