- UFC 187 Keeps Growing: Uriah Hall Set To Meet Rafael Natal
- Ronda Rousey Won’t Say She’s Incapable Of Beating Anyone
- Vitor Belfort: I Was Tested Seven Times For My Fight With Weidman – Was He?
- Conor McGregor: Zingano Looked Rushed
- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
POLL: Who Will Win The Next UFC Welterweight Title Fight?
When UFC on FOX 12 was said and done from the SAP Center in San Jose, California, last night, No. 1-ranked welterweight Robbie Lawler had earned a hard-fought unanimous decision over Matt Brown in a “Fight of the Night”-winning main event war.
With the pivotal victory, “Ruthless” moves on to an awaited rematch with injured 170-pound champion Johny “Bigg Rigg” Hendricks sometime later this year of early in 2015. The two threw down in a five round war at March 15’s UFC 171, with Hendricks earning the nods largely on the heels of a late fifth round takedown.
Lawler vs. Brown was an entertaining fight for sure, but critics if “Ruthless” may suggest that he fought very similarly to his first meeting with Hendricks, a gameplan that has already proven ineffective to getting the belt.
Still, “Ruthless” is on fire at welterweight looking the best he ever has after making his UFC debut way back in 2001. With Hendricks returning from surgery on a torn biceps, who do you think will prevail at their title fight rematch?
Photo: Kyle Terada for USA TODAY Sports