- Nick Diaz: I Was Injured Before UFC 183, Couldn’t Throw Punches
- Anderson Silva Will ‘Talk Serious’ With His Family About Fighting Future
- Quote: Vitor Belfort Turned Down Interim Title Bout With Lyoto Machida
- UFC 183: Thiago Alves vs. Jordan Mein Highlights
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Highlights
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Bonuses: Thiago Alves Pockets $50,000
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Benson Henderson To Make Welterweight Debut, Faces Brandon Thatch At UFC Fight Night 60
- UFC 183: Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann Highlights And Post-Fight Interview
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Press Conference
POLL: Who Will Win The Next UFC Welterweight Title Fight?
When UFC on FOX 12 was said and done from the SAP Center in San Jose, California, last night, No. 1-ranked welterweight Robbie Lawler had earned a hard-fought unanimous decision over Matt Brown in a “Fight of the Night”-winning main event war.
With the pivotal victory, “Ruthless” moves on to an awaited rematch with injured 170-pound champion Johny “Bigg Rigg” Hendricks sometime later this year of early in 2015. The two threw down in a five round war at March 15’s UFC 171, with Hendricks earning the nods largely on the heels of a late fifth round takedown.
Lawler vs. Brown was an entertaining fight for sure, but critics if “Ruthless” may suggest that he fought very similarly to his first meeting with Hendricks, a gameplan that has already proven ineffective to getting the belt.
Still, “Ruthless” is on fire at welterweight looking the best he ever has after making his UFC debut way back in 2001. With Hendricks returning from surgery on a torn biceps, who do you think will prevail at their title fight rematch?
Photo: Kyle Terada for USA TODAY Sports