- Josh Burkman vs. Dong Hyun Kim Added To UFC 187
- Dana White: Georges St- Pierre Doesn’t Want To Fight
- UFC 184 Medical Suspensions: Raquel Pennington Among Six With 180-Day Sits
- Daniel Cormier Believes Anthony Johnson Shouldn’t Play Games With Jon Jones
- Gracie Breakdown – UFC 184 Submissions
- UFC 184: MMA Community Reacts On Twitter
POLL: Who Do You Think Should Fight Jon Jones Next?
With the recent news that Jon Jones was injured and has withdrawn from his UFC 178 bout against Daniel Cormier, the MMA world is once again hit with a tricky situation at the top of the UFC light-heavyweight division. Alexander Gustafsson was quick to jump at the chance, and called for his spot at UFC 182 opposite “Bones”.
“DC” was originally put in as a replacement for “The Mauler” when he was scratched due to a leg injury of his own, now he feels he should be given primacy as number one contender, over the former Olympic wrestler Cormier. The situation has evolved though since the last time these three were involved in trying to book a title fight.
Indeed, since that time, Jones and “DC” have been embroiled in one of the most publicized beefs in MMA history; coming to blows on stage at the UFC 178 media day in Vegas, and getting caught exchanging death threats on a Sportscenter ‘hot mic’. It seems fans are clamouring to see Jones vs Cormier, so will Gustafsson get left out in the cold?
Perhaps the rankings will win over the common consensus? What do you think, who do you think should get the next shot?