- Igor Pokrajac And Five Others Cut From The UFC
- Julianna Pena Returns Against Milana Dudieva At UFC Fight Night 63
- UFC 183: Up Close & Personal – Anderson Silva
- Rashad Evans Predicts Anthony Johnson Will Knock Out Jon Jones
- Cris Cyborg Return Set For Same Weekend & City As Ronda Rousey
- Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor Postponed Until Mid-Summer
POLL: Who Do You Think Should Fight Jon Jones Next?
With the recent news that Jon Jones was injured and has withdrawn from his UFC 178 bout against Daniel Cormier, the MMA world is once again hit with a tricky situation at the top of the UFC light-heavyweight division. Alexander Gustafsson was quick to jump at the chance, and called for his spot at UFC 182 opposite “Bones”.
“DC” was originally put in as a replacement for “The Mauler” when he was scratched due to a leg injury of his own, now he feels he should be given primacy as number one contender, over the former Olympic wrestler Cormier. The situation has evolved though since the last time these three were involved in trying to book a title fight.
Indeed, since that time, Jones and “DC” have been embroiled in one of the most publicized beefs in MMA history; coming to blows on stage at the UFC 178 media day in Vegas, and getting caught exchanging death threats on a Sportscenter ‘hot mic’. It seems fans are clamouring to see Jones vs Cormier, so will Gustafsson get left out in the cold?
Perhaps the rankings will win over the common consensus? What do you think, who do you think should get the next shot?