- Cris Cyborg Return Set For Same Weekend & City As Ronda Rousey
- Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor Postponed Until Mid-Summer
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz Fight Breakdown
- Akira Corassani Announces Retirement From MMA
- Did A Head Butt Cause Alexander Gustafsson To Lose In Sweden?
- Daniel Cormier Wants To Fight Alexander Gustafsson In Louisiana
- Jon Jones Unveils His Light Heavyweight Top Five
- Dan Henderson Stoppage Reportedly Saved His Vision At UFC on FOX 14
POLL: Who Do You Think Deserves The Next Welterweight Title Shot
The UFC’s marquee division is stacked to the brim with potential title contenders and big names, but with that boost in talent comes a very messy title picture. UFC 171 saw Tyron Woodley, Hector Lombard and Johny Hendricks increase their stock in a big way, and guys like Rory MacDonald, Carlos Condit, Jake Ellenberger and Robbie Lawler remain in the mix.
The UFC is yet to officially announce the next fighter to receive the shot at glory, and Johny Hendricks’ recent injury woes do not help the situation. If I had a choice, I’d say Rory MacDonald gets the shot. I’m not the biggest ‘Ares’ fan, but the rankings need to be considered.
Of course there is always the Nick Diaz variable, but I hope that won’t happen. Who do you think deserves the next welterweight title shot, assuming the division isn’t held up by Hendricks’ injured elbow?