- CM Punk Targeting Late 2015 UFC Debut
- Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira Reportedly Agreed Upon For UFC Fight Night 60 In Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs CB Dollaway Breakdown
- Michael Bisping Disagrees With “Butthurt” Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- Jon Jones ‘Offended’ The UFC Showed Death Threat Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Looking To Rid MMA Of Jon Jones
- Rory MacDonald Informed He Won’t Fight For Title, Will Just ‘Light Up’ Whoever’s Next
POLL: Who Do You Think Deserves The Next Welterweight Title Shot
The UFC’s marquee division is stacked to the brim with potential title contenders and big names, but with that boost in talent comes a very messy title picture. UFC 171 saw Tyron Woodley, Hector Lombard and Johny Hendricks increase their stock in a big way, and guys like Rory MacDonald, Carlos Condit, Jake Ellenberger and Robbie Lawler remain in the mix.
The UFC is yet to officially announce the next fighter to receive the shot at glory, and Johny Hendricks’ recent injury woes do not help the situation. If I had a choice, I’d say Rory MacDonald gets the shot. I’m not the biggest ‘Ares’ fan, but the rankings need to be considered.
Of course there is always the Nick Diaz variable, but I hope that won’t happen. Who do you think deserves the next welterweight title shot, assuming the division isn’t held up by Hendricks’ injured elbow?