- Matt Mitrione Views Andrei Arlovski As ‘The Next Step’
- Machida vs. Dollaway Scheduled For UFC Fight Night 58
- Coach: Hendricks About 85 Percent, Looking To Return In February
- Ronda Rousey: I’m Sure ‘Cyborg’ Will Dope As Long As Possible Before Coming To UFC
- UFN 50 Medical Suspensions: ‘Jacare’ & Rothwell Out Indefinitely
POLL: Who Do You Think Deserves The Next Welterweight Title Shot
The UFC’s marquee division is stacked to the brim with potential title contenders and big names, but with that boost in talent comes a very messy title picture. UFC 171 saw Tyron Woodley, Hector Lombard and Johny Hendricks increase their stock in a big way, and guys like Rory MacDonald, Carlos Condit, Jake Ellenberger and Robbie Lawler remain in the mix.
The UFC is yet to officially announce the next fighter to receive the shot at glory, and Johny Hendricks’ recent injury woes do not help the situation. If I had a choice, I’d say Rory MacDonald gets the shot. I’m not the biggest ‘Ares’ fan, but the rankings need to be considered.
Of course there is always the Nick Diaz variable, but I hope that won’t happen. Who do you think deserves the next welterweight title shot, assuming the division isn’t held up by Hendricks’ injured elbow?