- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
- Conor McGregor: Everything I Touch Turns To Gold
- Anderson Silva Says Another Title Run Possible If He Has The Opportunity
- Claudia Gadelha Injured, Out Of UFC Fight Night 64
- Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor Doesn’t Like It When The Tables Are Turned
- Cyborg’s Attempt To Make Bantamweight Back On For Next Fight
- Dana White Not Optimistic About GSP Return: He Hasn’t Been Hungry For A Long Time
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
Who Deserved “Finish Of The Night” From UFC Fight Night 39?
The UFC put on another outstanding international card yesterday with UFN 39 which turned out to be an action packed event. UFC Fight Night 39 took place inside the Du Arena in Abu Dhabi, UAE. The event featured eight fights including a heavyweight headliner between Roy Nelson and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.
The last time I wrote a “Finish of the Night” article it was for UFC Fight Night 39 and the poll was unsurprisingly won by Dan Henderson for his violent finish of Mauricio “Shogun” Rua in the night’s main event. “Hendo” topped the poll with 74% of the votes.
Second in the poll was Brazil’s Godofredo Pepey with 14% for his knockout over Noad Lahat coming from a flying knee in the first round.
Overall, there were three finishes from yesterday’s event; all in the first round. Thales Leites, Ramsey Nijem and Nelson all had brutal stoppages. Leites picked up the quickest win out of the three with his 45 second knockout over Trevor Smith. The Brazilian landed a perfectly timed right hand to rock his opponent before dropping him with another two-punch combo, a few follow up punches and the fight was done.
Nijem took home the next short victory for his demolition over the undefeated Beneil Dariush. After clocking the Iranian, to send him crashing to the mat, “Stripper Ramsey” put an all out assault on Dariush to take home a TKO finish.
The final finish, and in my opinion the most “impressive, went to “Big Country” in the main event for his knockout over MMA legend Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. “Big Nog” was rocked early with a left uppercut, right hand combination but rather than rushing in, his opponent chose to bide his time which turned out to pay off. With just over a minute to go, a right hand from hell sent “Minotauro” crashing to the mat to give Nelson his seventh KO inside the UFC.
Out of all the finishes, who do you think deserved “Finish of the Night”?