- Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Round-By-Round Live Results
- Cast Your Vote For Mayweather vs. Pacquiao!
- Jorge Masvidal Planning Move Back To Welterweight
- Roy Jones Jr.: Win Or Lose, Mayweather Is Not The Greatest Of All-Time
- Poll: Should Jon Jones Get Immediate Title Shot If He Returns?
- Nick Diaz Passed Two Drug Tests On The Same Night He Failed One
- Dana White On Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: There’s Still A Lot Of Tickets Left
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
POLL: Are You Picking Cain Velasquez Or Fabricio Werdum?
Cain Velasquez will look to make the third consecutive defense of his heavyweight title at UFC 180, and the man he faces is none other than submission whizz Fabricio Werdum. The two are set to coach the first season of TUF: Mexico later in the year, and ‘Vai Cavalo’ is riding four straight wins ahead of his first UFC title shot.
In the aftermath of Werdum’s win against Travis Browne, many fans questioned how the Brazilian would fare against Velasquez. The champion’s outstanding cardio and strength make him very hard to keep pace with. CV uses wrestling and wearing striking to break his opponent’s down, although the new and improved Werdum stands a much better chance than a few years ago.
Not really known for his heavy hands, it appears that Werdum’s best chance of winning would be on the mat; that may play right in to the game plan of the champion in this case. A competent wrestling beast, Velasquez would probably relish the challenge of going to ground with Werdum. I’m not sure if ‘Vai Cavalo’ has the strength to overcome Velasquez’s wrestling.
So who takes the win, the heavy handed, strong wrestler, or the Jiu-Jitsu wizard?