- Lewis vs. Jordan, Jouban vs. Ebersole Scheduled For UFC Fight Night 68
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
- Photos: CM Punk’s First ‘MMA Fight Scrimmage’ At Roufusport
- Burt Watson Confirms Resignation From UFC After 14 Years
- UFC 185 Free Fight: Anthony Pettis vs. Joe Lauzon
- Dana White: Georges St- Pierre Doesn’t Want To Fight
The Jewels In The UFC Crown
The UFC has the best fighters in the world. They run the world of legitimate MMA titles. Every fighter that aspires to be the best aspires to hold a UFC belt. The promotion is so rich in fighters that it regularly cuts good ones; fighters that other promotions jump all over to sign.
Yet, there are a few fighters that will never be in danger of being cut and are more apt to be wooed to stay. We shall call them the UFC Crown Jewels.
So, who are they or better yet, who are they to you?
For me, I believe there are 5:
- Anderson Silva
- Jon Jones
- Ronda Rousey
- Jose Aldo
I think they stand out far and beyond all others and not simply because all are Champions. It’s that they are all so good at what they do, that any organization that had them fighting under its banner would have instantaneous legitimacy.
However and beyond their accomplishments what makes them so valuable is that they have become the face and benchmarks of the sport. Each is renowned for what they do and who they are.
The list is ranked on value not record or ability. I didn’t make it a top ten, because I don’t believe there are any another fighters in the UFC (currently) that fit the criteria. The criteria being draw, record, dominance, threat, name recognition, tenure, fan appeal and holding a belt.
So who do you believe are the jewels in the UFC’s crown? Do you think there are more than 5?