- “Bigfoot” Silva vs Soa Palelei Added To UFC 190 In August
- Three Reasons To Watch UFC 186
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 3
- Invicta FC 12: Kankaanpaa vs. Souza Results
- Noncommittal About Return, Georges St. Pierre ‘Taking It Slow’ In Training
- UFC 186 Weigh-In Results: Title Fight Official In Canada
- UFC 186 LowKick Predictions
- ONE Championship 26 Results: Askren vs. Santos Ends In No Contest Following Eyepoke
- UFC 186: Georges St-Pierre And Rory MacDonald Q&A
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 2
The Jewels In The UFC Crown
The UFC has the best fighters in the world. They run the world of legitimate MMA titles. Every fighter that aspires to be the best aspires to hold a UFC belt. The promotion is so rich in fighters that it regularly cuts good ones; fighters that other promotions jump all over to sign.
Yet, there are a few fighters that will never be in danger of being cut and are more apt to be wooed to stay. We shall call them the UFC Crown Jewels.
So, who are they or better yet, who are they to you?
For me, I believe there are 5:
- Anderson Silva
- Jon Jones
- Ronda Rousey
- Jose Aldo
I think they stand out far and beyond all others and not simply because all are Champions. It’s that they are all so good at what they do, that any organization that had them fighting under its banner would have instantaneous legitimacy.
However and beyond their accomplishments what makes them so valuable is that they have become the face and benchmarks of the sport. Each is renowned for what they do and who they are.
The list is ranked on value not record or ability. I didn’t make it a top ten, because I don’t believe there are any another fighters in the UFC (currently) that fit the criteria. The criteria being draw, record, dominance, threat, name recognition, tenure, fan appeal and holding a belt.
So who do you believe are the jewels in the UFC’s crown? Do you think there are more than 5?