- Conor McGregor: Zingano Looked Rushed
- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- Andrei Arlovski Would Love A Rematch With Fedor Emeliananko
- Anthony Pettis Believes He Can Take Over As UFC’s Top Star
- Hostilities Rise Between Cyborg and Ronda Rousey Camp
- Anderson Silva Surprised By Drug Test Drama, Talks Rematch With Nick Diaz
- Fedor Emelianenko Reveals That Russian Fighters Won’t Take His Advice
- Kelvin Gastelum, Efrain Escudero Named TUF: Latin America 2 Coaches
- UFC 193 Official In Melbourne
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Dana White Dishes On Belfort / Kennedy, Rousey, and Biogenesis Scandal
In an interview with “MMA Heat”, UFC President Dana White has let it drop that Vitor Belfort’s next fight will be against Tim Kennedy and once again, take place in Brazil. The date has yet to be confirmed, but Tim Kennedy has already acknowledged the fight on his “Twitter” account.
When asked about the fight taking place in Brazil and whether or not the UFC is trying to stash Belfort away in South America (this will be “The Phenom’s” 3rd fight in a row in Brazil), because of TRT issues and how White might feel about the “heat” he could receive about having Vitor fight in Brazil again, the UFC President stated:
“I don’t give a s**t. I don’t care what heat it receives…the last ****ing thing on earth we would do is lie about something like this. You know, everybody thinks there’s always these huge conspiracy and s**t, this is a massive, massive business, right? We’re on FOX, we’re regulated by all these athletic commissions, ya think we’re going to hide Vitor Belfort in Brazil so he can cheat?…We’re not hiding Vitor Belfort down in Brazil, because he’s drugged out of his mind and can’t pass a test anywhere else, that’s completely false. Vitor Belfort is huge in Brazil and does very well down there. The people in Brazil want to see him fight in Brazil.”
On other subjects, White is happy for Ronda Rousey that she got a part in “Expendables III” and said that one of the things he loves about her is that she “asked” if it was okay. Dana said it won’t be in conflict with her schedule and that she is free to do the movie and with his blessings.
Regarding Rampage Jackson fighting Roy Jones Jr. in a boxing match on “SBV”, White doesn’t believe it will happen, because Viacom doesn’t like to spend money and they’ll have to pay Jones “big money” to get the fight done. Subsequently, White doesn’t believe the bout will materialize for “Bellator MMA”.
On the subject of Paul Daley and a possible return to the UFC, White commented that Daley has “made it very clear he does not want to fight in the UFC” and beyond that, it’s more complicated than “Semtex” simply winning (he’s currently on a 4 fight win streak).
In terms of going to Russia, White said “we’re going. That’s it.”
On the matter of the “Biogenesis” scandal and possible connections to MMA, Dana had not heard anything about it and simply commented “I hope any of those MMA guys aren’t mine.”