- Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier: Bad Blood And Countdown To UFC 182
- Edson Barboza vs. Michael Johnson Official For UFC Fight Night 61 Co-Main Event
- Rampage Jackson’s ‘Crazy’ Bellator Deal Included Reality TV Show, Movie Deal
- Gray Maynard Confirms New Deal With The UFC, Eyes March Return
- UFC vs Bellator? Jose Aldo & Patricio Freire Ponder Fighting
- Don Frye On UFC Lawsuit: They’re Going To Take Their Check And Run
- LowKickMMA’s Fight Of The Year 2014 – Aldo vs Mendes 2
- UFC Fight Pass Subscribers’ Personal Information Potentially Released By Hackers
- Report: Brock Lesnar Returning To UFC After Wrestlemania
Warrior Code: Rory MacDonald
I love this kid. I think he’s awesome.
I think the thing that I love about him the most is, for lack of a better term, his sociopath qualities as a fighter. He’s the same guy 24 hours a day. He never seems to be up or down. He never seems to buy into any trash talk and it seems impossible to get into his head. As MacDonald says, “it’s not personal, it’s business.”
To me, MacDonald seems like a machine and the machine’s life has been about one thing its whole life and that’s MMA. He’s just this dispassionate guy who truly seems to live for learning how to hurt people and then going into the Octagon and using the education.
Whether or not he’s champion this year, next year or the year after that, the reality is that this kid will hold a belt one day.
His fight with Ellenberger this coming Saturday should be epic and could well win a bonus for either or both, fighters. Regardless of who the winner might be, the welterweight division will have a new contender by the time it’s over.