- Again? Floyd Mayweather Willing To Rematch Manny Pacquiao Next Year
- The UFC Plans A Big Change For The Hall Of Fame
- Anthony Pettis Warns Khabib: When You Talk About Injuries, They Happen To You
- Joe Rogan Wonders If Brain Damage Aided Jon Jones’ Hit And Run
- Anthony Johnson: I Worked My A** Off To Get Where I Am
- Henderson vs. Boetsch Headlines UFC Fight Night 68 With Bader Off Card
- Malki Kawa Says We May Have Seen The Last Of Jon Jones
- TJ Dillashaw: The UFC Did The Right Thing With Jon Jones
- Thomas Almeida vs. Brad Pickett On For UFC 189 In July
- Daniel Cormier Defends His Record: I Only Lost To The Champion
‘War Machine’ Arrested In Simi Valley, California, For Alleged Assault Of Christy Mack
It appears that the long, sad saga of former UFC and Bellator welterweight Jonathan Koppenhaver and his alleged beating of former girlfriend Christy Mack and a male friend has nearly come to an end, as United State Marshals, working in conjunction with California Police, have arrested “War Machine” in a Simi Valley, Calif. motel.
According to Nixle.com, “War Machine” was arrested without incident and booked on several warrants stemming from last week’s alleged assault of pornstar Mack:
“The United States Marshal’s Service requested assistance from the Simi Valley Police Department to effect the arrest of Jonathan “War Machine” Koppenhaver on 8/15/14 at approximately 1:45 P.M. The United States Marshal possessed an arrest warrant for Koppenhaver stemming from an incident in Las Vegas Nevada last week. Koppenhaver was a former resident of Simi Valley and the Marshals investigation indicated he was possibly staying in Simi Valley, CA.
Further investigation revealed he was staying at the Extended Stay America Hotel located at 2498 Stearns Street in Simi Valley. Simi Valley Officers along side United States Marshals pinpointed his exact room and arrested him without incident.
Inside the room was a small quantity of cash and some pizza. The United States Marshal’s Service turned Mr. Koppenhaver over to the Simi Valley Police Department for booking on his warrant from Nevada. He was transported to the Ventura County Jail.”
“War Machine” made the headlines for an early morning incident in Las Vegas last Friday that ended with Mack sustaining several broken bones, teeth, bruises, and other serious injuries after “War Machine” allegedly walked in on her with a male friend.
Reports stated that Mack’s male friend was also severely beaten before fleeing the scene. Seven warrants were signed for Koppenhaver’s arrest on a litany of charges.
Bellator MMA did not wait to find out the results of Koppenhaver’s day in court, promptly cutting the troubled fighter who has had served jail time for assault in more than one instance in the past.
Infamous man hunter Dog The Bounty Hunter was reportedly on “War Machine’s” trail earlier this week, but it looks like the Simi Valley Police have everything under control. With “War Machine” in custody, all that’s left is to pick up the pieces of this sad and disappointing story.