- Dana White Clarifies Jon Jones Rehabilitation Stint
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 2
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva Open Workout Highlights & Media Scrum
- Lorenzo Fertitta Guarantees CM Punk’s First Opponent Will Be ‘Competitive’
- Ovince St. Preux vs. Patrick Cummins Added To UFC on FOX 15
- Update: Nick Diaz No-Shows UFC 183 Open Workouts, But Is Now In Las Vegas
- Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson Targeted For May
Wanderlei Silva Wants to Suck Chael Sonnen’s Blood
On tonight’s edition of Fuel TV’s “UFC Tonight,” Chael Sonnen seemed rather disinterested in his long-rumored bout with Wanderlei Silva, citing a deadline that had passed. Silva, however, claimed he was not aware of any such deadline, and had some incredibly frank words for Sonnen:
“Jon Jones and Anderson [Silva] have been too nice to Chael. I want to suck his blood. I want to smell it. Not just fight. Not just fight. I want to hurt him.”
“Chael is a joke man. He is going to be second forever. He is never going to be first.”
More bad blood from the feud that would seem like it should be booked by now. UFC on Fox Sports 1 this summer had been a rumored venue but no official word has come from the UFC as of yet. Sonnen seemed to reply to Silva with a rather nonchalant attitude, so we’ll see if he remains interested in the bout.
But with the UFC returning to Brazil more and more often, this bout could almost guarantee a huge co-main event of a PPV and maybe headline a Fuel or FX card. Sonnen may just be playing possum, as it has seemed like a rivalry that has long been on his hit list, even going as far to say that Wand should not be allowed to fight any longer after he was knocked out in 2011. The two continued their battle, mostly over Sonnen’s lack of respect for Brazilians, in their famous van scene.
Will Wanderlei Silva’s strange yet aggressive words goad Sonnen back into lobbying for this fight? I’d have to say let’s hope so.