- Cast Your Vote For Mayweather vs. Pacquiao!
- Jorge Masvidal Planning Move Back To Welterweight
- Roy Jones Jr.: Win Or Lose, Mayweather Is Not The Greatest Of All-Time
- Poll: Should Jon Jones Get Immediate Title Shot If He Returns?
- Nick Diaz Passed Two Drug Tests On The Same Night He Failed One
- Dana White On Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: There’s Still A Lot Of Tickets Left
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Wanderlei Silva Wants to Suck Chael Sonnen’s Blood
On tonight’s edition of Fuel TV’s “UFC Tonight,” Chael Sonnen seemed rather disinterested in his long-rumored bout with Wanderlei Silva, citing a deadline that had passed. Silva, however, claimed he was not aware of any such deadline, and had some incredibly frank words for Sonnen:
“Jon Jones and Anderson [Silva] have been too nice to Chael. I want to suck his blood. I want to smell it. Not just fight. Not just fight. I want to hurt him.”
“Chael is a joke man. He is going to be second forever. He is never going to be first.”
More bad blood from the feud that would seem like it should be booked by now. UFC on Fox Sports 1 this summer had been a rumored venue but no official word has come from the UFC as of yet. Sonnen seemed to reply to Silva with a rather nonchalant attitude, so we’ll see if he remains interested in the bout.
But with the UFC returning to Brazil more and more often, this bout could almost guarantee a huge co-main event of a PPV and maybe headline a Fuel or FX card. Sonnen may just be playing possum, as it has seemed like a rivalry that has long been on his hit list, even going as far to say that Wand should not be allowed to fight any longer after he was knocked out in 2011. The two continued their battle, mostly over Sonnen’s lack of respect for Brazilians, in their famous van scene.
Will Wanderlei Silva’s strange yet aggressive words goad Sonnen back into lobbying for this fight? I’d have to say let’s hope so.