- Jacare: It’s My Time, I Can Finish Anybody In The Division
- UFC on FOX 15: Jacare Souza vs. Chris Camozzi Full Fight Video Highlights
- Max Holloway: I Want That Win Back Over Conor McGregor
- Luke Rockhold Promises To Choke Chris Weidman At Madison Square Garden
- UFC on FOX 15: Paige VanZant vs. Felice Herrig Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC on FOX 15: Luke Rockhold vs. Lyoto Machida Full Fight Video Highlights
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Wanderlei Silva Says Chael Sonnen Is A Racist And Doesn’t Deserve Respect
The rivalry between UFC middleweights Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva hit boiling point during filming of ‘The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3′ when the two coaches were involved in a full scale brawl.
Tensions have been eased since then between the pair but Silva is still refusing to wait until July, when they are set to meet, to settle their ongoing dramas. The former Pride champion used Instagram to defend his actions in their scrap on the show by saying Sonnen was a ‘racist’ and doesn’t deserve respect:
“This guy is a racist and he doesn’t deserve our respect,” Silva wrote on his Instagram page. “I wouldn’t be mad (at him) if I had no reasons to be.”
“Now, if you want to cheer for him be my guest, you deserve my respect. I don’t agree with him and I think we should be united this time. We’re stronger together.”
Silva’s most recent rant is reportedly aimed at regaining support of Brazilian fans who were upset with the MMA icon and his assistant coach, Andre Dida, for their actions in the TUF brawl.
The scrap between the rivals was shown on the sixth episode of the reality series. Silva was widely criticised by many, including UFC president Dana White, for appearing to instigate the scuffle. On top of that, the Brazilian also injured his back after being taken down by Sonnen during the scuffle, causing their planned fight to be postponed.
Silva vs. Sonnen was originally expected to take place at TUF: Brazil 3 Finale but was then moved to UFC 173 and then again to UFC 175 after “The Axe Murderer” injured his back.
UFC 175 takes place at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The main event features a middleweight title fight as Chris Weidman looks to defend his title against Lyoto Machida.
Who do you think will emerge victorious on July 5?