- Bellator 126 Results Recap: A New Champ Is Crowned
- UFC 178 Weigh-In Video & Results: Poirier & McGregor Get Heated In Las Vegas
- Vitor Belfort Accuses Chris Weidman Of Stalling
- UFC 178 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
- Anthony Johnson vs Alexander Gustafsson Was Set For UFC on FOX 13…
- Quote: Gina Carano Harder To Deal With Than Tito Ortiz
Vitor Belfort Won’t Apologize For Being A Lion: I Am Who I Am
UFC middleweight contender and one of the last of the old school contingent Vitor Belfort will go up against Chris Weidman at UFC 181, despite failing numerous drug tests this year. A Nevada State Athletic Commission deemed that ‘The Phenom’ was above board with his testing, whilst slamming fellow middleweight Chael Sonnen with a two-year ban from fighting.
With all the controversy seemingly behind him, Belfort stopped by to talk with Fox Sports recently, claiming he sees holes in the champion’s game, and also that he will not apologize for being a lion. As crazy and scary as Belfort is, you have to give him credit for being able to hold an interview. The question now is can he win the belt at UFC 181 in December?
‘I am who I am, one time you ask God “who you are?”, I just say I am who I am, for you, I am who I am. I don’t apologize, I am a lion, and I don’t apologize to be a lion’
Notice in the video above that Belfort looks considerably smaller than in recent fights against Michael Bisping, Dan Henderson and Luke Rockhold. Could this contribute even more to his speedy hands on fight night? Check out the slightly bizarre interview above, and stay tuned to LowKick for more UFC 181 pre-fight coverage.