- Carlos Condit Thinks Thiago Alves Is The Perfect Opponent
- Again? Floyd Mayweather Willing To Rematch Manny Pacquiao Next Year
- The UFC Plans Big Changes For Hall Of Fame
- Anthony Pettis Warns Khabib: When You Talk About Injuries, They Happen To You
- Joe Rogan Wonders If Brain Damage Aided Jon Jones’ Hit And Run
- Anthony Johnson: I Worked My A** Off To Get Where I Am
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
TJ Dillashaw Won’t Get Overconfident In Rematch With Renan Barão
Bantamweight champion T.J Dillashaw was in attendance at the SAP Center in San Jose last night for UFC on Fox 12 and following the epic event the Team Alpha Male standout caught up with MMA H.E.A.T.’s Karyn Bryant to discus his rematch with Renan Barão at UFC 177:
“I’m pumped, I get to fight in front of my home town,” said Dillashaw. “The UFC was scheduled to come to Sacramento that date and their going to put the champ on that card. I’m excited about it, it’s going to be fun.”
“The Viper” is looking to secure his first title defence against Barão when the two meet for the second time on August 30. When asked if he would have preferred to fight someone else rather than having an immediate rematch, the champ said he doesn’t want to start choosing his opponents.
“I don’t want to be the guy who’s going to call who I want to fight, I just want to be the company man and fight who they put in front of me.”
However, heading into his second bout with the Brazilian, Dillashaw says he’s very confident. But, he’s not going to overlook Barão either.
“Absolutely. I mean, just as much as before though, I can’t get overly confident. I’ve got to respect him just like I did the first fight. He was very dangerous and I just want to make sure I go in with the same respect level for him.”
Check out MMA H.E.A.T.’s full interview with the bantamweight champion below: