- Javier Mendez Believes Less Hard Sparring Will Reduce Injuries In Training
- Urijah Faber: TJ Dillashaw & Chad Mendes Could Both Beat Jose Aldo
- Tyron Woodley Says Hector Lombard Is ‘Salty And Bitter’
- Ricardo Lamas Envisions An Unconcsious Conor McGregor
- UFC Fight Night 57 Aftermath: Junior, Edgar, JB & ‘The Photo’
- Quote: Jon Jones Couldn’t Keep Cain Velasquez Off Him
- Just How Far Will Edson Barboza Go?
- Cub Swanson Thanks Frankie Edgar For Teaching Him A Lesson
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
- UFC Fight Night 57: Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson Highlights
TJ Dillashaw Won’t Get Overconfident In Rematch With Renan Barão
Bantamweight champion T.J Dillashaw was in attendance at the SAP Center in San Jose last night for UFC on Fox 12 and following the epic event the Team Alpha Male standout caught up with MMA H.E.A.T.’s Karyn Bryant to discus his rematch with Renan Barão at UFC 177:
“I’m pumped, I get to fight in front of my home town,” said Dillashaw. “The UFC was scheduled to come to Sacramento that date and their going to put the champ on that card. I’m excited about it, it’s going to be fun.”
“The Viper” is looking to secure his first title defence against Barão when the two meet for the second time on August 30. When asked if he would have preferred to fight someone else rather than having an immediate rematch, the champ said he doesn’t want to start choosing his opponents.
“I don’t want to be the guy who’s going to call who I want to fight, I just want to be the company man and fight who they put in front of me.”
However, heading into his second bout with the Brazilian, Dillashaw says he’s very confident. But, he’s not going to overlook Barão either.
“Absolutely. I mean, just as much as before though, I can’t get overly confident. I’ve got to respect him just like I did the first fight. He was very dangerous and I just want to make sure I go in with the same respect level for him.”
Check out MMA H.E.A.T.’s full interview with the bantamweight champion below: