- Edson Barboza: If Bobby Green Makes A Misstep, I’ll Knock Him Out
- Fabricio Werdum Accepts Jon Jones’ Super Fight Challenge
- Anthony Pettis Upset By Duke Roufus Accusations
- UFC Fight Night 57 LowKick Staff Predictions
- Bobby Green Gives Emotional Interview About Fighting Life
- UFC Fight Night 57 Weigh-ins Results: Edgar vs Swanson Is Official
- It’s Time To Give Fabricio Werdum More Respect
TJ Dillashaw Won’t Get Overconfident In Rematch With Renan Barão
Bantamweight champion T.J Dillashaw was in attendance at the SAP Center in San Jose last night for UFC on Fox 12 and following the epic event the Team Alpha Male standout caught up with MMA H.E.A.T.’s Karyn Bryant to discus his rematch with Renan Barão at UFC 177:
“I’m pumped, I get to fight in front of my home town,” said Dillashaw. “The UFC was scheduled to come to Sacramento that date and their going to put the champ on that card. I’m excited about it, it’s going to be fun.”
“The Viper” is looking to secure his first title defence against Barão when the two meet for the second time on August 30. When asked if he would have preferred to fight someone else rather than having an immediate rematch, the champ said he doesn’t want to start choosing his opponents.
“I don’t want to be the guy who’s going to call who I want to fight, I just want to be the company man and fight who they put in front of me.”
However, heading into his second bout with the Brazilian, Dillashaw says he’s very confident. But, he’s not going to overlook Barão either.
“Absolutely. I mean, just as much as before though, I can’t get overly confident. I’ve got to respect him just like I did the first fight. He was very dangerous and I just want to make sure I go in with the same respect level for him.”
Check out MMA H.E.A.T.’s full interview with the bantamweight champion below: