- Jacare: It’s My Time, I Can Finish Anybody In The Division
- UFC on FOX 15: Jacare Souza vs. Chris Camozzi Full Fight Video Highlights
- Max Holloway: I Want That Win Back Over Conor McGregor
- Luke Rockhold Promises To Choke Chris Weidman At Madison Square Garden
- UFC on FOX 15: Paige VanZant vs. Felice Herrig Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC on FOX 15: Luke Rockhold vs. Lyoto Machida Full Fight Video Highlights
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Josh Rosenthal involved in drug case, pleads guilty to all charges
MMA Junkie is reporting that veteran referee Josh Rosenthal has been charged with conspiracy to manufacture and distribute marijuana and possession with intent to distribute. Rosenthal has plead guilty to all charges and is currently awating his sentence by the U.S. District court.
According to the report obtained from the U.S. District Attorney’s office, one year ago federal agents raided a warehouse owned by Rosenthal located in Oakland, California which contained 1,356 marijuana plants valued at over $6 million.
According to the report, the current sentence proposed by the government based on Rosenthal’s cooperation stands at 37 months in jail, including fines and five additional years of probation, during which he would be subject to random searches.
Had Rosenthal not cooperated via pleading guilty and striking a deal, he would have faced 10 years to life in prison, a $10 million fine and a minimum of five additional years’ probation.
Rosenthal has been contacted for comment, but has yet to respond, and his lawyer Ted W. Cassman, has been unavailable.
Stay tuned to Lowkick as this story progresses.