- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
- Anderson Silva Talks Conor McGregor: You Have To Promote The Right Way, With Respect
- Lyoto Machida Believes Luke Rockhold’s Weakness Is Striking
- Brendan Schaub Moves Down To Light Heavyweight For Next Fight
- Dana White Reveals Jose Aldo Went Crazy After McGregor Slapped Him On Back
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II Will Still Happen
- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
Velasquez vs. Dos Santos III Confirmed for Oct. 19th In Houston
Today the UFC confirmed that the anticipated trilogy heavyweight title match between Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos will take place at the earlier reported UFC 166. The event will go down at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas, on October 19th.
UFC President Dana White confirmed the news via ESPN this Monday. Many think that a win by JDS could be cause for a fourth fight between the two, marking one of the longest and most heated rivalries in UFC history. However, it may end should Velasquez dominate the third match. White and had the following to say about the possible outcome:
“I think if Cain wins the fight as impressively as he did the last one, it’d be tough to do that fight again.”
Both JDS and Cain have separated themselves from the rest of the pack at heavyweight, and that’s why their rivalry is so entrenched. Each won with extreme efficiency at UFC 160, where JDS knocked Mark Hunt out with his famous wheel kick while Velasquez trounced Bigfoot Silva again in the first round.
I’m not sure that any other UFC heavyweight can actually defeat either one at this point in time. The talent pool is unfortunately a bit shallow at this point, with no clear contenders to Velasquez’s belt past JDS. However, another dominant win by Velasquez will put him in a class of his own.
Their grudge match is set for Houston this fall. Who is your early pick to emerge as the baddest man on the face of the earth?