- Poll: Which Bout Will Win UFC on FOX 15′s ‘Fight Of The Night?’
- Jacare Still Believes The Next Title Shot Will Be His
- UFC on FOX 15 Official Weigh-In Video & Results: Main Event Official
- Rafael dos Anjos Aims For November Return Following Surgery
- Jon Jones: ‘Mr. JV’ Phil Davis Can’t ‘Crumble Me Like A Cookie’ In Bellator
- UFC on FOX 15 LowKick Predictions
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Velasquez vs. Dos Santos III Confirmed for Oct. 19th In Houston
Today the UFC confirmed that the anticipated trilogy heavyweight title match between Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos will take place at the earlier reported UFC 166. The event will go down at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas, on October 19th.
UFC President Dana White confirmed the news via ESPN this Monday. Many think that a win by JDS could be cause for a fourth fight between the two, marking one of the longest and most heated rivalries in UFC history. However, it may end should Velasquez dominate the third match. White and had the following to say about the possible outcome:
“I think if Cain wins the fight as impressively as he did the last one, it’d be tough to do that fight again.”
Both JDS and Cain have separated themselves from the rest of the pack at heavyweight, and that’s why their rivalry is so entrenched. Each won with extreme efficiency at UFC 160, where JDS knocked Mark Hunt out with his famous wheel kick while Velasquez trounced Bigfoot Silva again in the first round.
I’m not sure that any other UFC heavyweight can actually defeat either one at this point in time. The talent pool is unfortunately a bit shallow at this point, with no clear contenders to Velasquez’s belt past JDS. However, another dominant win by Velasquez will put him in a class of his own.
Their grudge match is set for Houston this fall. Who is your early pick to emerge as the baddest man on the face of the earth?