- Phil Davis vs Ryan Bader Official For UFC On FOX 14
- Who Will Be UFC Bantamweight Champion At The End Of 2015?
- UFC 181 Extended Video Preview
- Poll: Has Robbie Lawler Improved Enough To Beat Johny Hendricks?
- Nick Diaz Says He Would Have Failed Drug Test After GSP Fight
- UFC Fight Night 57 Super Slo-Mo Highlights
- Matt Brown: What The F–k Has Conor Done Compared To Frankie?
- “Rumble” Thinks Alexander Gustafsson Is As Dangerous As Jon Jones
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
Urijah Faber Thinks He’s Next In Line For A Title Shot
Former WEC bantamweight champion Urijah Faber is on a roll as of late, having won his last three fights in the Octagon since dropping a decision at UFC 149 to interim champ Renan Barao.
The streak has him in line for another title shot. Problem is, Faber has dropped his last five title fights in a row. It’s becoming increasingly harder to book Faber in a legitimate title fight. “The California Kid” is set to prove his critics wrong against upstart Michael McDonald at UFC on Fox 9 this December.
Faber recently met up with MMA Weekly to discuss his mindset, expressing the belief that he does indeed deserve another shot at the belt:
“I’m the guy for a title shot at this point. Barao and Cruz, and getting through McDonald, that’s takes out a lot of guys in the division.”
Do you agree with Faber? He’s no doubt an iron-willed fighter who battles on through adversity. His Team Alpha Male is fighting at an alarmingly effective rate after new head coach Duane “Bang” Ludwig has added a new element to the team. Faber has the heart of a champion and remains one of most recognized names in mixed martial arts.
But will he ever hold a belt in the UFC?