- Yoel Romero Accuses Tim Kennedy Of Cheating At UFC 178
- Dominick Cruz Believes CM Punk Will Get Eaten Alive In UFC
- Jose Aldo: I Hope Conor McGregor’s Next, Because It Would Be A Huge Fight
- UFC Fight Night 58 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
- Lyoto Machida Wants Jacare Souza After He Knocks out Dollaway
- Video: Watch CM Punk’s Heated Interview With Michael Landsberg
- UFC Fight Night 58 Weigh-In Results: Barao On Point, Cummins Overweight
- UFC Fight Night 58 Open Workouts: Machida & Dollaway Hit The Pads
- Dustin Poirier Returning To Lightweight In 2015
Urijah Faber Thinks He’s Next In Line For A Title Shot
Former WEC bantamweight champion Urijah Faber is on a roll as of late, having won his last three fights in the Octagon since dropping a decision at UFC 149 to interim champ Renan Barao.
The streak has him in line for another title shot. Problem is, Faber has dropped his last five title fights in a row. It’s becoming increasingly harder to book Faber in a legitimate title fight. “The California Kid” is set to prove his critics wrong against upstart Michael McDonald at UFC on Fox 9 this December.
Faber recently met up with MMA Weekly to discuss his mindset, expressing the belief that he does indeed deserve another shot at the belt:
“I’m the guy for a title shot at this point. Barao and Cruz, and getting through McDonald, that’s takes out a lot of guys in the division.”
Do you agree with Faber? He’s no doubt an iron-willed fighter who battles on through adversity. His Team Alpha Male is fighting at an alarmingly effective rate after new head coach Duane “Bang” Ludwig has added a new element to the team. Faber has the heart of a champion and remains one of most recognized names in mixed martial arts.
But will he ever hold a belt in the UFC?