- Jon Jones Unveils His Light Heavyweight Top Five
- Dan Henderson Stoppage Reportedly Saved His Vision At UFC on FOX 14
- UFC 183 Video Roundup, Start Times & TV Schedule
- Countdown To UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz
- UFC on FOX 14 Overnight Numbers Show Biggest FOX Ratings In Two Years
- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light Heavyweight Champ?
- Jon Jones Reacts To Anthony Johnson’s Win Over Alexander Gustafsson
Urijah Faber Thinks He’s Next In Line For A Title Shot
Former WEC bantamweight champion Urijah Faber is on a roll as of late, having won his last three fights in the Octagon since dropping a decision at UFC 149 to interim champ Renan Barao.
The streak has him in line for another title shot. Problem is, Faber has dropped his last five title fights in a row. It’s becoming increasingly harder to book Faber in a legitimate title fight. “The California Kid” is set to prove his critics wrong against upstart Michael McDonald at UFC on Fox 9 this December.
Faber recently met up with MMA Weekly to discuss his mindset, expressing the belief that he does indeed deserve another shot at the belt:
“I’m the guy for a title shot at this point. Barao and Cruz, and getting through McDonald, that’s takes out a lot of guys in the division.”
Do you agree with Faber? He’s no doubt an iron-willed fighter who battles on through adversity. His Team Alpha Male is fighting at an alarmingly effective rate after new head coach Duane “Bang” Ludwig has added a new element to the team. Faber has the heart of a champion and remains one of most recognized names in mixed martial arts.
But will he ever hold a belt in the UFC?