- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
Urijah Faber Thinks He’s Next In Line For A Title Shot
Former WEC bantamweight champion Urijah Faber is on a roll as of late, having won his last three fights in the Octagon since dropping a decision at UFC 149 to interim champ Renan Barao.
The streak has him in line for another title shot. Problem is, Faber has dropped his last five title fights in a row. It’s becoming increasingly harder to book Faber in a legitimate title fight. “The California Kid” is set to prove his critics wrong against upstart Michael McDonald at UFC on Fox 9 this December.
Faber recently met up with MMA Weekly to discuss his mindset, expressing the belief that he does indeed deserve another shot at the belt:
“I’m the guy for a title shot at this point. Barao and Cruz, and getting through McDonald, that’s takes out a lot of guys in the division.”
Do you agree with Faber? He’s no doubt an iron-willed fighter who battles on through adversity. His Team Alpha Male is fighting at an alarmingly effective rate after new head coach Duane “Bang” Ludwig has added a new element to the team. Faber has the heart of a champion and remains one of most recognized names in mixed martial arts.
But will he ever hold a belt in the UFC?