- Albuquerque Police Issue Felony Warrant, Jon Jones To Turn Himself In
- Poll: How Should The UFC Punish Jon Jones?
- Read The Official Police Report From Jon Jones’ Hit-And-Run
- Tim Kennedy: ‘Karate Is Dead, Rockhold Destroyed Machida Effortlessly’
- Jon Jones Update: Police Found Marijuana, Pipe After ‘Bones’ Fled Scene
- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
Urijah Faber Injured, Alex Cacares Steps In To Replace Him At UFC Fight Night 52
Former WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber has apparently suffered an injury in training, and has been forced to withdraw from his UFC Fight Night 52 booking against Masenori Kanehara, in September, as UFC officials confirmed earlier today. ‘The California Kid’ had bounced back from a UFC 169 TKO loss to Renan Barao, submitting Alex Cacares at UFC 175 and keeping himself in the top five at bantamweight.
In an ironic twist, ‘Bruce Leeroy’ has been selected to replace Faber against ‘Kincyan’ in Japan. Cacares was unbeaten in four prior to getting choked by ‘The California Kid’ and will face a pretty tall order at Fight Night 52. Kanehera is basically unbeaten in six, his most recent loss was his last outing against Toshiaki Kitada, and ‘Kincyan’ threw his man from the DEEP ring and was disqualified. Kyle Noke is also a scratch, as he was meant to face Yoshihiro Akiyama, and has been subbed for Amir Sadollah.
At the top of the card in Japan is a heavyweight collision between Mark Hunt and Roy ‘Big Country’ Nelson, backed up by women’s bantamweights Miesha Tate and Rin Nakai, and there are a wealth of other exciting match-ups for the nostalgic return of the big show to the East. Check out how the card is shaping up, and stay tuned to LowKick for more UFC Fight Night 52 news.
Mark Hunt vs. Roy Nelson
Takanori Gomi vs. Myles Jury
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Amir Sadollah Kyle Noke
Urijah Faber Alex Caceres vs. Masanori Kanehara
Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Jon Delos Reyes
Kiichi Kunimoto vs. Richard Walsh
Katsunori Kikuno vs. Sam Sicilia
Hyun Gyu Lim vs. Takenori Sato
Kyung Ho Kang vs. Michinori Tanaka
Johnny Case vs. Kazuki Tokudome
Maximo Blanco vs. Daniel Hooker