- Malki Kawa Says We May Have Seen The Last Of Jon Jones
- TJ Dillashaw: The UFC Did The Right Thing With Jon Jones
- Thomas Almeida vs. Brad Pickett On For UFC 189 In July
- Daniel Cormier Defends His Record: I Only Lost To The Champion
- Conor McGregor Adds Monster Energy To Growing ‘McGregor Inc.’
- Dana White On UFC Injuries: We’re Going To Start Fixing This
- Melvin Guillard Signs Multi-Fight Deal With Bellator
- Quote: Title Shot For Luke Rockhold Makes Sense, Not Guaranteed
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Urijah Faber: Dominick Cruz Has A Chip On His Shoulder
The beef between Urijah Faber and Dominick Cruz goes back five years, since the two first met at WEC 26. Faber won by submission, and in doing so he handed Cruz his only professional loss to date. The two met again at UFC 132, where Cruz picked up the decision win against Faber, defending his Bantamweight crown and setting the backdrop for a rubber match.
The two met as opposing coaches on TUF: Live, with the rubber match set for UFC 148. As we all know, Cruz tore his ACL and was forced to withdraw from the bout. Fast forward to 2013, and Cruz is still sidelined by the very same injury. Faber is set to fight against heavy underdog Yuri Alcantara at UFC on FS1: Boston, and Renan Barao is the interim Bantamweight champion.
Faber has been fighting top level guys throughout his career, and has become a very popular fighter. It’s great to hear that Faber is hosting a MMA combine, which will bring much needed attention to some top amateur talent in mixed martial arts.
At UFC on FS1: Boston, Faber will stand to lose a lot of stock if he falls short against Alcantara. It’s a great example of why Faber is so popular-he will fight anyone, anywhere, no question. Factor in Faber’s flashy, exciting style and you have the recipe for a modern MMA superstar.
It seems almost inevitable that Faber and Cruz will eventually fight again, although Barao is next in line, I feel it would be great to see Faber vs Cruz III. Check out this interview with Faber, where he details his fued with Cruz and talks about a host of other cool topics. Stay tuned to Lowkick!