- UFC 179 Embedded Episode 4: You Will Die!
- Bellator 130 Results & Highlights: Emanuel Newton Retains Title With Late Finish
- Cung Le Wants Apology For Bungled UFC Drug Test
- UFC 179 LowKick MMA Staff (+1) Predictions
- Quote: Jose Aldo vs Anthony Pettis Could Still Happen
- Conor McGregor vs Dennis Siver Headlines UFC Fight Night 59
- UFC 179 Weigh-Ins Results: Aldo vs Mendes 2 Official
- Jacare Souza & Yoel Romero (Kinda) Agree To Fight In 2015
- UFC 179 Conor McGregor Q&A Video
- UFC 179 Embedded: Episode 3
UFN 27 Fight To Watch: Donald Cerrone vs. Rafael Dos Anjos
Ultimate Fight Night 27 is set to go off in Indianapolis on August 28th, in a night of fights between the lighter half of the UFC’s weight divisions. Headlined by Martin Kampmann vs. Carlos Condit 2, UFN Indy has 12 stacked fights coming our way.
One fight that I feel is getting overlooked is Donald Cerrone vs. Rafael Dos Anjos, Cerrone is fresh off dominating KJ Noons at UFC 160 and Dos Anjos is currently riding a four fight win streak. RDA was last in action against Evan Dunham at UFC on FX in May, scoring a UD victory.
So why is this my ‘Fight to watch’? , Well, I feel like Dos Anjos wants to get himself in the mix for the title, as does Cerrone, and this will have a huge influence on each man’s performance.
Cerrone has had built up a 7-2 UFC record since joining the promotion in 2011, while Dos Anjos is 8-4 for the UFC. Two experienced veterans fighting for the chance to be relevant in the division’s top 10, on a main card fight should be a great spectacle.
Cerrone has some nasty stand up, as well as a pretty slick submission game. RDA is a black belt in BJJ and he can bang when he wants to. The video below shows how his stand up game is getting stronger.
What I expect from these two is the fight of the night performance, I would have originally said that Kampmann vs. Condit will take that, but I think Condit might just snub Kampmann out early on.
The 155lb. division is never short on contenders, so a win for DC or RDA is crucial here. With the belt seemingly tied up for at least two to three more fights, now it’s about keeping yourself around the top 10 and waiting for that opportunity. I’m sure Cerrone would like the chance to avenge his WEC losses to Bendo, and RDA is looking a renewed fighter at ’55.
Check out the Dos Anjos vs. G Sot fight video, courtesy of UFC.com, and stay tuned to Lowkick!