- ‘Grown Up’ Rampage Thinks If Anyone Can Knock Out Maldonado, It’s Him
- Joe Lauzon vs. Takanori Gomi Joins Growing UFC on FOX 16 Lineup
- Demetrious Johnson Ranks His Dominance Above Ronda Rousey’s
- UFC Closes Half The Bell Centre, Reduces Ticket Prices For UFC 186
- Deciding Against Knee Surgery, Yoel Romero Still Aims For Jacare
- Fabio Maldonado Wants ‘Lots Of Blood’ In Fight With Rampage
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 1
- Paige VanZant’s Team In No Rush For A Title Shot
- Tim Kennedy Eying Lyoto Machida For ‘Loser Leaves UFC’ Match
- Anderson Silva Confirms Taekwondo Bid For 2016 Summer Olympics
Dana White Confirms TUF Latin America In Mexico, Cain Velasquez vs. Fabricio Werdum Slated For Finale On November 15
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) has been teasing big things for Latin America in 2014.
And today, those plans have been confirmed.
The upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) is slated to record in Mexico, and UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez has been confirmed as coach of the show opposite newly minted number one contender Fabricio “Vai Cavalo” Werdum, who earned his title shot with a one-sided destruction of favored Travis “Hapa” Browne at UFC on FOX 11 on April 19.
Velasquez has been sidelined with shoulder surgery since his second grinding defeat of former champion Junior dos Santos at last October’s UFC 166. The popular champion has been rumored to be returning around November to face off with Werdum, but his head coach Javier Mendez recently said that was far from guaranteed.
Apparently Velasquez’ return is tentatively on schedule, because White confirmed that the TUF Latin America Finale will take place on November 15 in Mexico City, with Velasquez and Werdum squaring off for the heavyweight belt in the main event. The UFC revealed the news in a special announcement from Mexico City moments ago.
Stay tuned to LowKick MMA for more news on the exciting development from South of the Border.