- UFC 178: Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier Highlights
- UFC 178: Demetrious Johnson vs Chris Cariaso Highlights
- UFC 178 Post-Fight Bonuses: Cruz, McGregor Bank $50,000
- Tim Kennedy Will Appeal UFC 178 Loss To Yoel Romero
- UFC 178: Watch Dominick Cruz Destroy Takeya Mizugaki To Earn Next Title Shot
- UFC 178 Prelims Results: Dominick Cruz Dominates Takeya Mizugaki
- UFC 178 Main Card Results: McGregor Scores First Round Finish
Dana White Confirms TUF Latin America In Mexico, Cain Velasquez vs. Fabricio Werdum Slated For Finale On November 15
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) has been teasing big things for Latin America in 2014.
And today, those plans have been confirmed.
The upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) is slated to record in Mexico, and UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez has been confirmed as coach of the show opposite newly minted number one contender Fabricio “Vai Cavalo” Werdum, who earned his title shot with a one-sided destruction of favored Travis “Hapa” Browne at UFC on FOX 11 on April 19.
Velasquez has been sidelined with shoulder surgery since his second grinding defeat of former champion Junior dos Santos at last October’s UFC 166. The popular champion has been rumored to be returning around November to face off with Werdum, but his head coach Javier Mendez recently said that was far from guaranteed.
Apparently Velasquez’ return is tentatively on schedule, because White confirmed that the TUF Latin America Finale will take place on November 15 in Mexico City, with Velasquez and Werdum squaring off for the heavyweight belt in the main event. The UFC revealed the news in a special announcement from Mexico City moments ago.
Stay tuned to LowKick MMA for more news on the exciting development from South of the Border.