- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Top Five ‘Rampage’ Knockouts Of All-Time
UFC Special Announcement Live At 4 AM EST
Prior to tomorrow morning’s (or night, depending on your location) UFC Fight Night 34 from the Marina Bay Sands in Marina Bay, Singapore, the Ultimate Fighting Championship is set to hold another ‘special announcement’ live at 4 AM Eastern.
The UFC unveiled a similar announcement prior to UFC 168 last Saturday, with the majority of the discussion centering on the debut of the promotion’s new digital subscription service called “Fight Pass.” Much of that includes aggressive expansion into foreign markets. Several events outside of the United States and Canada will only be available on “Fight Pass,” including tomorrow’s UFC Fight Night 34.
Featuring a welterweight main event between former Strikeforce champion Tarec Saffiedine and promising contender Hyun Gyu Lim, UFC Fight Night 34 is the first of seven UFC events to take place in Asia this year.
The on-sale date for tickets to The Ultimate Fighter: China Finale on March 15, 2014 in Macao is expected to be announced, but it hardly seems like Dana White would call for a special announcement just to clarify that information. The TUF: China Finale is notably scheduled for the same day as UFC 171 from American Airlines Arena in Dallas, Texas.
That event features a blockbuster title bout between Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawler to decide the next man to fill longtime former champion Georges St. Pierre’s shoes, so it should outshine the TUF: China Finale considerably. That also suggests this ‘special announcement’ is about something bigger, but who knows?
In any case, it seems like the UFC has had an abundance of ‘special announcements’ in recent weeks. Will this be something tame or could it concern injured former middleweight champion Anderson Silva?
Watch all the action unfold in the wee hours of the morning, courtesy of the UFC’s YouTube Page: