- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
- Anderson Silva Talks Conor McGregor: You Have To Promote The Right Way, With Respect
- Lyoto Machida Believes Luke Rockhold’s Weakness Is Striking
- Brendan Schaub Moves Down To Light Heavyweight For Next Fight
- Dana White Reveals Jose Aldo Went Crazy After McGregor Slapped Him On Back
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II Will Still Happen
- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
UFC Set To Hold Two International Events On May 31
The UFC is set to make history on May 31, as the promotion will hold two international events on the very same day.
The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 3 Finale, which features a main event between coaches Wanderlei Silva and Chael a Sonnen, had already been announced for the date but earlier today officials revealed UFC Fight Night 41 will also be taking place on the very same day.
UFC Fight Night 41 will be the promotions first event in Berlin, Germany and is set to take place inside the O2 World Berlin Arena. It will be the promotions third event to be held in Germany.
More news regarding fight bookings and broadcast information for UFC Fight Night 41 will be released in the next few weeks. The event will most likely take place on the UFC’s Fight Pass network.
The location for TUF Brazil 3 Finale hasn’t yet been determined. The main event between rival coaches, Silva and Sonnen, was previously booked for one week prior at UFC 173. However, it was moved to headline it’s own event for undisclosed reasons.
The UFC’s Executive Vice President and Managing Director of UFC EMEA, Garry Cook, revealed the news:
“We are incredibly excited to announce this event, and it is fantastic news for the many UFC fans throughout Germany and the rest of Europe,” said Cook. “We are delighted to be returning to Germany in May and visiting Berlin for the first time. Germany is one of the leading world superpowers in sport and to be able to host a UFC Fight Night to our passionate German fans will be an honor.”
Tickets go on sale for the event on April 4, but UFC Fight Club members can pick them up on April 2 and UFC.com e-newsletter subscribers will be able to purchase them on April 3.
Officials mentioned plans to hold an event in Germany’s capital, among many other European city’s, back in October.
What do you make of the UFC hosting two events on one day?