- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Teddy Holder vs. Thiago Silva Video Highlights
- Drew Dober Returns To Face Efrain Escudero At UFC 188
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
UFC 155 Prelims on FX draw 1.4 million viewers
News comes today that the preliminary bouts for UFC 155 on FX from Las Vegas pulled in an average of 1.4 million viewers. The number comes as good news to the UFC, showing that the promotion has finished the year strong after a whole mess of injuries and cancellations led to a tumultuous year, to say the least.
The UFC 155 preliminaries featured a Lightweight bout between Jamie Varner and Melvin Guillard, where Varner took home the decision to finish off a great year in his return to Zuffa. Eddie Wineland also continued to push towards a shot at the Bantamweight crown when he beat Brad “One Punch” Pickett via decision.
Also on the card, fellow Bantamweight Erik Perez made yet another statement with a first round finish over Byron Bloodworth. Perez, the UFC’s only Mexican born fighter, will be one to watch closely in the new year. Blackzilians member and TUF alum Michael Johnson also dropped a decision to Myles Jury, another one to watch.
By comparison, UFC on Fox 5’s prelims on FX drew an average of 1.2 million viewers. UFC 148 marked the high water mark for viewers, drawing 1.8 million viewers according to Sherdog. Even with an overall absence of highlight reel finishes, the FX card was a great way to kickoff the New Year’s card for the UFC. Let’s hope that these numbers signal a return to prominence for the UFC after a crazy year that ended very well.