- UFC 183: Iaquinta vs. Lauzon, Woodley vs. Gastelum Highlights
- Nick Diaz: I Was Injured Before UFC 183, Couldn’t Throw Punches
- Anderson Silva Will ‘Talk Serious’ With His Family About Fighting Future
- Quote: Vitor Belfort Turned Down Interim Title Bout With Lyoto Machida
- UFC 183: Thiago Alves vs. Jordan Mein Highlights
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Highlights
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Bonuses: Thiago Alves Pockets $50,000
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Benson Henderson To Make Welterweight Debut, Faces Brandon Thatch At UFC Fight Night 60
- UFC 183: Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann Highlights And Post-Fight Interview
UFC on FX 8: Bonuses and Attendance
If you watched this card, you must have been at home wondering how many people needed to be be in attendance in order to make that much noise. While no figures for the live gate were announced, it may surprise you that UFC on FX 8 was a smaller event that reportedly drew an attendance of 7,642.
For an arena the size of Jagarua Do Sul that is an impressive number, but the sheer force of noise and cheering is something we’ve never heard from a smaller crowd of that size, which goes to show how passionate the Brazilian fans are about their country men and this sport in general.
Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza easily earned “submission of the night” with his super impressive, arm triangle choke over short notice replacement Chris Camozzi and finally guess who the “knockout of the night” was awarded to?
You guessed it! Vitor Belfort destroyed any chance of any other fighter winning the KO bonus by landing an extremely unexpected but viciously powerful spinning heel kick to the jaw of former Strikeforce champion Luke Rockhold.
All four fighters earn themselves a pay cheque for $50,000 on top of their winnings.