- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
- Conor McGregor: Everything I Touch Turns To Gold
- Anderson Silva Says Another Title Run Possible If He Has The Opportunity
- Claudia Gadelha Injured, Out Of UFC Fight Night 64
- Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor Doesn’t Like It When The Tables Are Turned
- Cyborg’s Attempt To Make Bantamweight Back On For Next Fight
- Dana White Not Optimistic About GSP Return: He Hasn’t Been Hungry For A Long Time
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
UFC on FX 8: Bonuses and Attendance
If you watched this card, you must have been at home wondering how many people needed to be be in attendance in order to make that much noise. While no figures for the live gate were announced, it may surprise you that UFC on FX 8 was a smaller event that reportedly drew an attendance of 7,642.
For an arena the size of Jagarua Do Sul that is an impressive number, but the sheer force of noise and cheering is something we’ve never heard from a smaller crowd of that size, which goes to show how passionate the Brazilian fans are about their country men and this sport in general.
Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza easily earned “submission of the night” with his super impressive, arm triangle choke over short notice replacement Chris Camozzi and finally guess who the “knockout of the night” was awarded to?
You guessed it! Vitor Belfort destroyed any chance of any other fighter winning the KO bonus by landing an extremely unexpected but viciously powerful spinning heel kick to the jaw of former Strikeforce champion Luke Rockhold.
All four fighters earn themselves a pay cheque for $50,000 on top of their winnings.