- UFC on FOX 15: Paige VanZant vs. Felice Herrig Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC on FOX 15: Luke Rockhold vs. Lyoto Machida Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC on FOX 15 Bonuses: Rockhold, Holloway Bank $50,000
- UFC on FOX 15 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC on FOX 15 Main Card Results: Luke Rockhold Batters, Submits Lyoto Machida
- UFC on FOX 15 Preliminary Card Results: Dariush Dominates Miller
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
UFC on FX 7 Results Recap: Renan Barao utilizes diverse skillset to submit Michael McDonald
UFC on FX 7 is in the books live from London, England, and we have a truly legitimate force as the UFC Interim Bantamweight champion. Renan Barao used a diverse array of skills to best challenger Michael McDonald, who looked to become the youngest champion in UFC history. The fight was a slugfest from start to finish, as Barao scored a couple of early takedowns while McDonald used his trademark boxing to land some great shots.
He had Barao rocked at one point, but the Brazilian battled back to land some truly incredible kicks, blasting McDonald with an absolutely vicious spinning back kick to the face. In the fourth round, McDonald gambled heavily for position, and thus gave up his back. Barao capitalized by locking on a super-tight arm triangle, and while McDonald withstood the hold for some time, the end was near. Barao makes quite the statement in defending his interim belt.
In the co-main event, two extremely tough Featherweights went to war in Cub Swanson versus Dustin Poirier. You could tell that every strike thrown had bad intentions, and it was a back-and-forth war. Poirier proved himself a game fighter by scoring repeated flurries of pinpoint strikes, but Swanson found a late takedown to control the onslaught as the bout wound down to a close. Ultimately Swanson earned the hard-fought unanimous decision victory, but something tells me we haven’t seen the last of Dustiin Poirier as a top-ranked Featherweight.
In other action, Jimi Manuwa earned a victory over Cyrille Diabate after Diabate suffered a calf injury to end the first round. Gunnar Nelson outpointed Jorge Santiago to earn a unanimous decision victory. At Light Heavyweight, Jame Te Huna beat Ryan Jimmo in a hard-fought, grinding decision win. Finally, Matt Riddle thoroughly dominated Che Mills to score another decision win to start the main card out. UFC on FX 7 had a ton of decision wins, but truly showcased the advanced skills of one Renan Barao. Hopefully Dominick Cruz returns healthy sooner than later to make his case against the Brazilian phenom.
UFC on FX 7 Full Results:
Tom Watson def. Stanislov Nedkov via TKO (Ref Stoppage)