- Cat Zingano Planned For A Dog Fight, Not A 14-Second Defeat
- Brock Lesnar Was In Attendance At UFC 184
- UFC 184 Highlights: Jake Ellenberger vs. Josh Koscheck
- UFC 184 Highlights: Alan Jouban vs. Richard Walsh
- Who’s Next For Ronda Rousey?
- Poll: Will Ronda Rousey Retire Undefeated?
- Anderson Silva To Admit PED Use
- UFC 184 Highlights: Watch Ronda Rousey Destroy Cat Zingano With Record-Setting Finish
- UFC 184 Post-Fight Bonuses: Ronda Rousey Headlines Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 184 Main Card Live Results: Ronda Rousey Scores Fastest UFC Title Fight Finish In History
UFC on FX 7 Results Recap: Renan Barao utilizes diverse skillset to submit Michael McDonald
UFC on FX 7 is in the books live from London, England, and we have a truly legitimate force as the UFC Interim Bantamweight champion. Renan Barao used a diverse array of skills to best challenger Michael McDonald, who looked to become the youngest champion in UFC history. The fight was a slugfest from start to finish, as Barao scored a couple of early takedowns while McDonald used his trademark boxing to land some great shots.
He had Barao rocked at one point, but the Brazilian battled back to land some truly incredible kicks, blasting McDonald with an absolutely vicious spinning back kick to the face. In the fourth round, McDonald gambled heavily for position, and thus gave up his back. Barao capitalized by locking on a super-tight arm triangle, and while McDonald withstood the hold for some time, the end was near. Barao makes quite the statement in defending his interim belt.
In the co-main event, two extremely tough Featherweights went to war in Cub Swanson versus Dustin Poirier. You could tell that every strike thrown had bad intentions, and it was a back-and-forth war. Poirier proved himself a game fighter by scoring repeated flurries of pinpoint strikes, but Swanson found a late takedown to control the onslaught as the bout wound down to a close. Ultimately Swanson earned the hard-fought unanimous decision victory, but something tells me we haven’t seen the last of Dustiin Poirier as a top-ranked Featherweight.
In other action, Jimi Manuwa earned a victory over Cyrille Diabate after Diabate suffered a calf injury to end the first round. Gunnar Nelson outpointed Jorge Santiago to earn a unanimous decision victory. At Light Heavyweight, Jame Te Huna beat Ryan Jimmo in a hard-fought, grinding decision win. Finally, Matt Riddle thoroughly dominated Che Mills to score another decision win to start the main card out. UFC on FX 7 had a ton of decision wins, but truly showcased the advanced skills of one Renan Barao. Hopefully Dominick Cruz returns healthy sooner than later to make his case against the Brazilian phenom.
UFC on FX 7 Full Results:
Tom Watson def. Stanislov Nedkov via TKO (Ref Stoppage)