- UFC Bad Blood And UFC Countdown: Jones vs. Cormier To Air Tonight
- Edson Barboza vs. Michael Johnson Official For UFC Fight Night 61 Co-Main Event
- Rampage Jackson’s ‘Crazy’ Bellator Deal Included Reality TV Show, Movie Deal
- Gray Maynard Confirms New Deal With The UFC, Eyes March Return
- UFC vs Bellator? Jose Aldo & Patricio Freire Ponder Fighting
- Don Frye On UFC Lawsuit: They’re Going To Take Their Check And Run
- LowKickMMA’s Fight Of The Year 2014 – Aldo vs Mendes 2
- UFC Fight Pass Subscribers’ Personal Information Potentially Released By Hackers
- Report: Brock Lesnar Returning To UFC After Wrestlemania
UFC on Fuel TV 9 Results Recap: Gegard Mousasi defeats Ilir Latifi with unanimous decision
UFC on Fuel TV 9 is in the books from Stockholm, Sweden, and the card delivered a great event from top to bottom. Gegard MoUSAsi headed into his bout with Ilir Latifi as a massive favorite. Latifi, a late replacement for Alexander Gustafsson, appeared a bit tentative early on. MoUSAsi worked his jab effectively while Latifi looked for one big shot. Latifi never found his range in the striking department, and the fight never reached the ground until the very end. MoUSAsi took home the uNanimous decision.
Matt Mitrione came out with something to prove, and he did just that. HE grounded Phil DeFries immediately and knocked him out with a series of pinpoint strikes.
Brad ‘One Punch’ Pickett and Mike Easton fought a close bout, with both displaying varied skills. Pickett had the advantage in the takedown game, hitting a huge suplex late in the fight. Ultimately he too home the split decision.
TUF winner Diego Brandao came out with a surprising slam on Pablo Garza. He showed some excellent BJJ transitions on the ground and tapped out ‘The Scarecrow’ with a picture perfect arm triangle. Akira Corrasani faced off with Robbie Peralta in a back-and-forth battle. Both fighters were rocked at one point, but ultimately Corrasani took home the decision with some debatable 30-27 scorecards.
UFC on Fuel TV 9 Full Results:
Matt Mitrione def. Phil DeFries ?via R1 KO (Punches)
Tor Troeng defeated Adam Cella via R1 Submission (rear-naked choke)?