- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
- Photos: CM Punk’s First ‘MMA Fight Scrimmage’ At Roufusport
- Burt Watson Confirms Resignation From UFC After 14 Years
- Mousasi vs. Philippou, Magny vs. Lim Added To UFC Fight Night 66
- UFC 185 Free Fight: Anthony Pettis vs. Joe Lauzon
- Josh Burkman vs. Dong Hyun Kim Added To UFC 187
- Dana White: Georges St- Pierre Doesn’t Want To Fight
UFC on Fuel TV 9: Gustafsson vs. Mousasi Preview
This April 6th, the UFC makes a return to Stockholm, Sweden for UFC on Fuel TV 9. Featuring a main event bout between two top ten light heavyweights in Alexander Gustafsson and Gegard Mousasi, ‘The Mauler’ could stake his claim for the next title shot at 205. Some believe that Gustafsson is the man with the best chance to dethrone the buzzsaw that is Jon Jones. His overall game has definitely evolved into that of a world-class martial artist.
Mousasi, on the other hand, looks to rebound strongly in his UFC debut. He enjoyed a run as Strikeforce Light-Heavyweight Champion, King Mo wrested that title from him in early 2010. Mousasi then went on to obtain the Dream Light Heavyweight championship. Last seen destroying Mike Pyle at the final Strikeforce event ever, Mousasi sits with an impressive 33-3-2 record. He is looking to get on a fast track to a UFC title shot.
A convincing win over a former multi-promotional champ in Mousasi will most likely find him in the next bout with Jon Jones. However, Lyoto Machida is always lurking as the number one ranked light heavy. Should that call come, will Gustafsson be ready for that tough test? Check out the preview video from Fuel TV below: