- Cat Zingano Planned For A Dog Fight, Not A 14-Second Defeat
- Brock Lesnar Was In Attendance At UFC 184
- UFC 184 Highlights: Jake Ellenberger vs. Josh Koscheck
- UFC 184 Highlights: Alan Jouban vs. Richard Walsh
- Who’s Next For Ronda Rousey?
- Poll: Will Ronda Rousey Retire Undefeated?
- Anderson Silva To Admit PED Use
- UFC 184 Highlights: Watch Ronda Rousey Destroy Cat Zingano With Record-Setting Finish
- UFC 184 Post-Fight Bonuses: Ronda Rousey Headlines Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 184 Main Card Live Results: Ronda Rousey Scores Fastest UFC Title Fight Finish In History
UFC on Fuel TV 8 Results Recap: Wanderlei Silva makes triumphant return to Japan with KO of Brian Stann
UFC on Fuel TV 8 is in the books from Japan and while it may have started out slow with a litany of decisions, it ended with some absolute fireworks to finish the last two bouts. In the main event, Wanderlei Silva and Brian Stann fought a toe-to-toe war from the start, rocking each other time and again throughout the bloody first round. They appeared much more tentative to start the second, but as the round wound down, Silva rocked Stann with a vicious right hook-left hook combo. He followed up on the ground with some shots to seal the deal. A great win for Silva in his return to Japan.
In the co-main, Mark Hunt fought Stefan Struve in a brutal back-and-forth war. Not surprisingly, Hunt looked to utilize his heavy hands while Struve attempted several submissions and ground sweeps after pulling guard. Struve repeatedly hit Hunt with a ton of ground-and-pound, but in the third round Hunt took over as both fighters appeared very tired. The Pride veteran landed some heavy-handed blows to floor Struve and earn the stoppage from Herb Dean.
In other action, Diego Sanchez fought native hero Takanori Gomi in a fight that displayed both of their offensive arrays. Sanchez earned the decision on the strength of some early takedowns. Yushin Okami controlled Hector Lombard just enough to win after getting tagged early and often in the last round. Rani Yahya took the decision over Mizuto Hirota after almost submitting with an arm triangle choke. Dong Hyun Kim used his patented smothering top game to dominate Siyar Bahadurzada on the ground for a unanimous decision.
UFC on Fuel TV 8 Full Results:
Takeya Mizugaki def. Brian Caraway via Split Decision
LowKick Fight Night Awards:
Performance of the Night:
None other than Wanderlei Silva could win the award here, as Silva quieted the critics, including myself, who thought he was on the cusp of being done. He fought and won a war and beat a very game fighter in the form of Brian Stann.
Finish of the Night:
Upset of the Night: