- CM Punk Targeting Late 2015 UFC Debut
- Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira Reportedly Agreed Upon For UFC Fight Night 60 In Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs CB Dollaway Breakdown
- Michael Bisping Disagrees With “Butthurt” Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- Jon Jones ‘Offended’ The UFC Showed Death Threat Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Looking To Rid MMA Of Jon Jones
- Rory MacDonald Informed He Won’t Fight For Title, Will Just ‘Light Up’ Whoever’s Next
UFC On Fuel 9 Attendence, Gate And Bonuses
UFC On Fuel TV 9 was broadcast worldwide earlier today from Sweden featuring some exciting fights and nasty finishes. Irish Phenom Conor McGregor displayed some incredible stand up skills en route to his TKO victory over Marcus Brimage. The finish earned Mcgregor the 60k check for knockout of the night.
Submission of the night award went to Reza Madidi for his anaconda choke over Michael Johnson. Madida was flattened by a head kick early in the fight and showed great resilience to come back and win.
The event, which took place in Stockholm, drew 14,506 spectators worth $2.71 million on the gate, making UFC On Fuel 9 the second most profitable European UFC show of all time. Barring the main event, the card actually delivered pretty well.
It was great to see Conor McGregor‘s unique stand up abilities, well worth the amount of hype that he rolled in on. Also of note was Ross Pearson‘s nasty knockout finish of Ryan Couture. Pearson put Couture away with a big left hook in the newcomer’s debut.