- UFC Fight Night 58 Weigh-Ins Video & Results
- Dustin Poirier Returning To Lightweight In 2015
- CM Punk Targeting Late 2015 UFC Debut
- Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira Reportedly Agreed Upon For UFC Fight Night 60 In Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs CB Dollaway Breakdown
- Michael Bisping Disagrees With “Butthurt” Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- Jon Jones ‘Offended’ The UFC Showed Death Threat Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Looking To Rid MMA Of Jon Jones
- Rory MacDonald Informed He Won’t Fight For Title, Will Just ‘Light Up’ Whoever’s Next
UFC On FOX Preview: Dillashaw vs. Barao II
Looking to capitalize on the momentum that the knockout-filled precedent that last night’s (Sat., August 23, 2014) UFC Fight Night 49 from Tulsa set, the promotion will storm into Sacramento’s Sleep Train Arena next Saturday night (August 30, 2014) for a bantamweight title rematch between TJ Dillashaw and Renan Barao in the main event of UFC 177.
Dillashaw famously took the belt from formerly dominant champion Barao in the main event of May 24’s UFC 173, finishing the Nova Uniao product in the fifth round in one of the biggest upsets in Octagon history. Barao was rocked early by a massive right hand in the first round, and never recovered against the speed and precision of the Duane Ludwig-trained Dillashaw.
There were whispers that Barao had underestimated ‘The Viper,’ and that may have been true. The two top bantamweights will square off in Sacramento, and we should see an entirely different version of Barao.
In preparation for the event, check out UFC on FOX’s UFC 177 main event preview below:
Photo: Stephen R. Sylvanie for USA TODAY Sports