- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
UFC on Fox 8 Results: Mighty Mouse Retains Title
The Main card of UFC on Fox 8 a great card on paper, and it did not disappoint. From the awesome Fox UFC Saturday intro ad with an awesome voiceover (prizes for telling me who did the voiceover) to the kick ass performances from the athletes on the card, overall it was a good card.
It was certainly a fun card to watch. To kick off the festivities Jessica Andrade made her debut against former Bantamweight title challenger Liz Carmouche. Carmouche proved to be too much for the promotional newcome, after a back and forth first round Carmouche earned a TKO win in the second. She spent most of the second round in full mount or on Andrade’s back, scoring vicious elbows and forcing Herb Dean to step in and end the fight.
Robbie Lawler faced Boby Voelker in the Welterweight division next, and it was an absolute barn burner. Voelker was bloodied up early in the first after some big knees from Lawler. ‘Ruthless’ mixed it up with head kicks, flying knees and punches in the opening stanza. At the opening of the second round, Lawler landed a brutal head kick that put Voelker in lala land. A great KO for the 12 year veteran Robbie Lawler.
Rory MacDonald and Jake Ellenberger squared off in a highly anticipated and influential Welterweight tilt. After two very tentative rounds, Ellenberger scored a takedown in the third to end a pretty boring fight. The story of the night was MacDonald’s jab and a lack of any sort of action. MacDonald takes the decision and moves in to a great position in the title race and 170lbs.
Demetrious Johnson and John Moraga squared off for the Flyweight title in the evening’s main event in a spectacular fight. Mighty Mouse displayed excellent speed and footwork, outworking Moraga and scoring some big takedowns. After a near submission finish in the second, DJ once again attempted a kimura in the fourth round. Moraga defended and Johnson swithced to an armbar. He locked it in tight and finished Moraga to defend his undisputed title. A testament to the skill of the 125lb. division, in the form of a slick submission finish by Johnson.
Liz Carmouche def Jessica Andrade by TKO (strikes) round 2
Robbie Lawler def Bobby Voelker by KO (headkick) round 2
Rory MacDonald def Jake Ellenberger by unanimous decision
Demetrious Johnson def John Moraga by submission (armbar) round 4