- Jon Jones ‘Offended’ The UFC Showed Death Threats Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Looking To Rid MMA Of Jon Jones
- Rory MacDonald Informed He Won’t Fight For Title, Will Just ‘Light Up’ Whoever’s Next
- Where Does Lyoto Machida Go With A Win At UFC Fight Night 58?
- CM Punk Responds To Matt Brown: I Understand Your Point Of View
- UFC 182: Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier Extended Preview
- Poll: Do UFC Fighters Deserve Better Pay And Conditions?
- Jon Fitch, Nate Quarry & Cung Le Among Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- LowKick MMA Is Looking For New Writers – Come Join Our Team!
UFC On FOX 8 Post Fight Press Conference
Question to Rory: Technically wonderful or boring?
“I think I did what I was supposed to do. I kept up my end, he’s a counter-puncher and a very powerful puncher, I was waiting for my opportunities and he wasn’t coming in at the right time, he was staying back, he wasn’t engaging. I was playing my angels, waiting for my opportunities as I always do and he’s a smart fighter. I gotta’ hand it to him, but I felt I did the right thing. It’s just, I think I needed a few more minutes and I think I had a good chance to finish the fight, because I had his back.”
Question: Did you think the jab would be a big part of the game-plan, tonight?
“I react to what’s in front of me…the opening was the jab.”
Question to Johnson: Did you want to put on something special, tonight?
No. Not at all, man…my job is to finish.
Question to Dana White on MacDonald / Ellenberger: Were you bored? Where do RM go now?
Dana White (paraphrasing): Was on “Twitter” expressing his displeasure. The fight didn’t live up to expectations. Ellenberger “literally did nothing, his punch stat was close to zero…Rory didn’t do anything to try and go in and finish him…put a stamp on it, make a statement, not only to the world, but to the guys who are in that division, that’s why people booed…it didn’t live up to the hype.”