- Joe Rogan’s Ultimate 8 Jose Aldo Moments
- UFC 179 Embedded Episode 4: You Will Die!
- Bellator 130 Results & Highlights: Emanuel Newton Retains Title With Late Finish
- Cung Le Wants Apology For Bungled UFC Drug Test
- UFC 179 LowKick MMA Staff (+1) Predictions
- Quote: Jose Aldo vs Anthony Pettis Could Still Happen
- Conor McGregor vs Dennis Siver Headlines UFC Fight Night 59
- UFC 179 Weigh-Ins Results: Aldo vs Mendes 2 Official
- UFC 179 Conor McGregor Q&A Video
- UFC 179 Embedded: Episode 3
UFC on Fox 7 Medical Suspensions
UFC on Fox 7 was a thoroughly entertaining night of scraps punctuated by some devastating finishes and only three decisions. Such an awesome event did not come without casualties, with Jordan Mein, Nate Diaz, Ramsey Nijem and Daniel Cormier facing lengthy suspensions:
Benson Henderson: mandatory seven-day suspension
Gilbert Melendez: mandatory seven-day suspension
Daniel Cormier: suspended 180 days with 180 days no contact or until cleared by physician for swollen right middle finger
Frank Mir: mandatory seven-day suspension
Josh Thomson: mandatory seven-day suspension
Nate Diaz: suspended 60 days with 60 days no contact or until cleared by physician for facial lacerations to nose and cheek. Also suspended 45 days with 30 days no contact for TKO
Matt Brown: suspended 60 days with 60 days no contact or until cleared by physician for laceration to right eyebrow
Jorge Masvidal: suspended 180 days with 180 days no contact or until cleared by physician for right thumb fracture. Also suspended suspended 60 days with 60 days no contact or until cleared by physician for two top of scalp lacerations
T.J. Dillashaw: mandatory seven-day suspension
So UFC on Fox 7 did cause a large number of fighters extended lay offs, but not without reward. The highly anticipated card delivered in a big way, earning itself my personal lock for event of 2013. Providing Chris Weidman doesn’t crane kick Anderson Silva to claim a six second knockout at UFC 162….
Stay tuned to Lowkick!