- Did A Head Butt Cause Alexander Gustafsson To Lose In Sweden?
- Daniel Cormier Wants To Fight Alexander Gustafsson In Louisiana
- Jon Jones Unveils His Light Heavyweight Top Five
- Dan Henderson Stoppage Reportedly Saved His Vision At UFC on FOX 14
- UFC 183 Video Roundup, Start Times & TV Schedule
- Countdown To UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz
- UFC on FOX 14 Overnight Numbers Show Biggest FOX Ratings In Two Years
- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
UFC on FOX 7 Bonuses: Josh Thomson returns with $50,000 Knockout
UFC on FOX 7 had the most finishes I’ve seen since, well since ever pretty much, considering tonights event tied the UFC record for the most KO’s in one night, you can bet that it was filled with some truly exciting fights.
Fight of the night for me personally regardless of what the bonuses ended up being, was Matt Brown vs Jordan Mein hands down. This one wasn’t long and drawn out, but in the short time it lasted there was a ton of back and forth, some serious power shots, plenty of rocking and finally a solid grinding finish by Matt Brown.
Fitting then to find out to my approval that the fight was indeed considered fight of the night with each fighter earning a $50,000 pay cheque for their efforts.
Knockout of the night for me is a tough one, because on the one hand you have a super clean and devastating flying knee by former olympic silver medalist Yoel Romero, and on the other hand you have the triumphant return of Josh “The Punk” Thomson, looking utterly impressive and accomplishing what no one in history has been able to do thus far by knocking out Nate Diaz.
Luckily for the UFC, they make their own rules and didn’t have any submissions take place on the card so both fighters pocket $50,000 for their impressive victories.
To reiterate again:
Josh Thomson vs Nate Diaz – Knockout Of The Night