- Jose Aldo Says Chad Mendes Hasn’t Changed Since UFC 142
- Why Georges St-Pierre Shouldn’t Rush To Return
- ‘Bones’ Knows? Nude Video Of Jon Jones On Snapchat Leaked Online
- Re-Debut: Henry Cejudo vs Dustin Kimura Added To UFC on FOX 13
- Will 2015 Spell The End Of Jon Jones’ Reign?
- Michael Bisping vs Luke Rockhold Counterpunch Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Always Thinking About Jon Jones
- Alexander Gustafsson vs Rashad Evans Rumored For January UFC In Sweden
- UFC 179: Glover Teixeira vs Phil Davis Fight Breakdown
- Poll: Predicting The Outcome Of UFC 179′s Main Event
UFC on Fox 7 Attendance And Live Gate
Well UFC on Fox 7 is in the books, and what a night of fights. Fans were treated to the best card of the year, and one of the best ever, last night from HP Pavillions in San Jose, California. The Lightweight title was on the line as Benson Henderson played devil’s advocate with ‘El Nino’ for five rounds, scoring the uNanimous decision and retaining the strap.
Elsewhere on the card Josh Thompson put a beating on Nate Diaz for a second round knockout, Matt Brown and Jordan Mein put on a FOTN performance-ending with Brown elbowing Mein in to next week (IRONY??). Yoel Romero fed Clifford Starks a flying knee knockout which was pretty sweet, Lorenz Larkin was totally robbed in my opinion. All in all UFC on Fox 7 was everything it promised to be.
The live gate for the show from The Shark Tank was $1.333 million with an attendance of a reported 13,506 fans. This puts the average price of a ticket at roughly $98. So not too bad. I can certainly tell you I would have paid at least $200 to be present at such an awesome night of fights!