- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
- Conor McGregor: Everything I Touch Turns To Gold
- Anderson Silva Says Another Title Run Possible If He Has The Opportunity
- Claudia Gadelha Injured, Out Of UFC Fight Night 64
- Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor Doesn’t Like It When The Tables Are Turned
- Cyborg’s Attempt To Make Bantamweight Back On For Next Fight
- Dana White Not Optimistic About GSP Return: He Hasn’t Been Hungry For A Long Time
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
UFC on FOX 5 Weekend: Rousey to headline UFC 157, GSP wants Diaz
Rousey set to face Liz Carmouche at UFC 157 main event
That’s right, UFC President Dana White presented Ronda Rousey the UFC Women’s title, declaring that “Rowdy” will have her first title defense against Liz Carmouche at UFC 157. According to White, the fight with Cyborg Santos will still happen, but Rousey will fight Carmouche first. White also revealed that not so many fighters volunteered to step inside the Octagon with Ronda Rousey, while Liz Carmouche, 7-2 in her Mixed Martial Arts career, was basically the only one that stepped up with serious intentions to fight the champ.
Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz in 2013
MMA fans around the world might be disappointed with this one, as it is almost official that Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva will not happen anytime soon. White stated during the press conference that St. Pierre still wants to settle the score with Nick Diaz, instead of ‘facing the unknown’ against Anderson Silva. “If he wants to fight Nick Diaz, and Nick Diaz wants to fight him, then that’s probably the fight we’ll make,” said White, almost certainly killing any chance for Silva vs. GSP in 2013.
UFC on FOX 5
Full UFC on FOX: Henderson vs. Diaz pre-fight press conference video is available below, as well as Dana White’s one-on-one interview with MMA H.E.A.T.’s Karyn Bryant. Stay tuned to LowKick.com for more FOX 5 coverage.